Director Of Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for YOU, a career minded individual that has a desire to succeed personally and professionally within a growing company! The Director of Operations will oversee our clinics and Surgery center in Winchester, Va. and Fredericksburg, Va.
Our Director of Operations is responsible for managing all facets of the optometric office operations within their region.You will be responsible for the daily operation of assigned offices, including personnel management, budgetary controls, inventory controls while maintaining the highest level ofpatient care.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee day to day operations of our skilled optometric facilities in the south-east region, providing regular coaching and hands-on support to ensure effective operation for the patient
- Analyzes store financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented on the retail side of the business to improve profitability.
- Interview, hire, train, and direct office managers in the office and become involved in the hiring and development of department heads who support the office level team
- Ensure that staff training and development resources are utilized for every employee.
- Motivate employees to exceed performance standards and recognize star performers
- Ensure associates and management teams are in place as needed for the functional performance of the practice
- Conduct site visits in order to ensure programs are functioning and meeting operational standards as well as provide immediate hands-on feedback and action to meet standards
- Provide reporting to the RVP, HR, Marketing, and Finance on a regular basis
- Perform supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates
- Regular travel with some overnight travel as you will oversee several optical clinics and 40+ employees.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a management function including department head or leadership role within the optical field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a managerial role with a medical and/or retail organization who specializes in patient care, sales, budgets, project management and HR
- Budgetary and fiscal management skills
- Extensive experience and proficiency working with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate effectively with staff, doctors, and other team members
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow-through skills Ability to complete projects timely and accurately Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required as this position has direct contact with numerous departments within and outside the market
- Demonstrates agility and ability to maintain office operations, budgets, on tight deadlines with multiple priorities subject to frequent changesWe offer an incredible benefit package that includes medical, dental, employer paid life insurance, 401k with an employer match, paid time off, paid holidays (plus many more).
Atlantic Vision Partners is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atlantic Vision Partners
BusinessView all jobs at Atlantic Vision Partners
Get fresh Career Development Director jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.