Call Center Associate
Atlantic Vision Partners Lynchburg, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is often the first point of contact with Atlantic Vision Partners and plays an essential role creating a welcoming and creating a quality patient experience. Call Center Associates play an essential role in accommodating patient, provider, and staff needs by scheduling appointments timely and efficiently.
- Acute focus to manage and maintain the scheduling templates.
- Forecasting potential schedule conflicts and proactively communicating with the Practice Manager to minimize inefficiency and/or a poor patient experience.
- Answers and manages large amounts of incoming patient and provider calls professionally and effectively.
- Documents call details clearly and concisely in alignment with AVP standards
- Enters patient data into registration and medical records systems.
- Obtains necessary information from patients, physicians, and/or staff to identify prerequisites and time requirements for scheduling specific appointments.
- Schedules patient initial and follow up appointments ensuring efficient use of provider time and the appropriate care for patients
- Communicates scheduling changes to patients, staff, physicians and patient representatives in a timely and professional manner.
- Modifies the schedule to accommodate emergency situations.
- Provides patients with pre-service instructions and confirms appointment details
- Investigate and direct patient inquiries to appropriate medical staff members and follow up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Collect and report data on topics such as patient encounters and inter-organizational problems, making recommendations for change when appropriate
- Makes initial contact with cold call referrals
- Conducts annual exam reminder calls
- Exercises utmost diplomacy and tact to provide excellent customer service for patients
- Initiate and maintain strong communication between Clinic Lead and Practice Manager, ensuring tactful solutions are created and implemented that benefit the overall clinic flow and patient experience.
- Practices confidentiality and privacy protocols in all activities in compliance with AVP policies and HIPAA requirements.
- Completes other functions as requested by management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication and out-going, positive interpersonal skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to retain information and work with minimal supervision, after training
- Empathetic personality with attention to patient’s needs.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
- Excellent judgment, dependability, and conscientiousness.
- Demonstrated high ethical standards and integrity.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Customer and patient service orientation: prompt response to patient needs and ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations with tact, empathy and diplomacy
- Professionalism: displays positive outlook and pleasant manner, does not instigate or participate in office gossip or negativity, keeps commitments, dresses appropriately and is well groomed.
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to coworkers, actively resolves conflicts, inspires trust of others, and treats patients and coworkers with respect.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school education or GED. One year office experience, medical or ophthalmology preferred. Medical terminology helpful. Certificate(s) in medical office administration or similar is bonus. Ability to become quickly proficient on various computer and electronic health record systems.
Job Details & Benefits
- Seeking full-time applicants
- Full-Time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental, and 401(k) through the company
- Generous PTO plans and paid holidays
Atlantic Vision Partners
BusinessView all jobs at Atlantic Vision Partners