Service Writer - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Whether you have experience with agricultural or lawn and garden equipment, or have a mechanical background and the desire to learn the Ag and/or Turf industry – now is the time to join our team! This is your opportunity for a long term career with a top employer and well-respected organization that offers great pay, above average benefits, and real advancement opportunities. If you want to be in the equipment industry, then you want to work for Atlantic Tractor, a 15 location John Deere dealership.
Atlantic Tractor, recently certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute, is on the lookout for a Service Writer to join the Service department at its store in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
- Outstanding benefits including; $2,500 Sign-On Bonus (Expires 1/31/2022); 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Health Saving Accounts; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Company Paid Online and Instructor-Led Training; EAP (Employee Assistance Program); Discounts on products.
- Advancement– Due to the continued growth of the company, you can advance into a management role. Many of the managers and supervisors in our dealerships began their careers in Service, Parts or Sales.
- Stability and reputation— Atlantic Tractor has 15 locations and over 350 employees. Atlantic Tractor is known for their stability, their honesty, and their integrity. We have been named “Satisfyed Top Dealers” for 2018, 2019 and 2020. As a result of our continued growth, we have become one of the largest agricultural and equipment dealers in the Mid-Atlantic region while maintaining local community values.
- Employee impact– Enjoy a collaborative work environment where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training– We offer you company paid training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Core Values – We operate under a set of core values which we call the 6P’s of Performance. These six values are Passionate; Positive; People-Oriented; Productive; Professional and Proud. Our core values summarize our commitment to a culture of self-improvement and exceptional customer experiences which were uniquely developed by our employees.
This is a career where you will find pride in the work you do and will have the support you need to ensure your success.
- Marketing of parts and sales services including extended warranties, maintenance plans, machine inspections, overhauls, standard job quotes and special aftermarket promotions.
- Perform follow-up calls at customer locations regarding parts and service.
- Participate in product demonstrations at customer clinics, in-house events and meetings held outside the dealership.
- Assist the sales department with aftermarket sales calls to ensure equipment operates to the customer's satisfaction.
- Provides guidance and generates quotes for customer machine repairs.
- Manages the entire work order cycle process; generation through closing and invoicing for customer work.
- Sells service labor and parts ensuring all techs are highly productive so that budgets and goals are met.
- Works with the service manager to identify and execute continuous process improvements.
- Communicates, enforces and monitors effective service department processes to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to employees in the service department according to their skills and knowledge.
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing.
- Ensures all service Warranty and Product Improvement Programs are completed and submitted to the warranty administrator within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Maintains knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
Preferred Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge :
- Previous involvement/experience in activities such as sales, service, training or other related work within a mechanical field.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Atlantic TractorWhy Work Here?
Recognized as a Great Place to Work and a Top Dealer!
11212 York RoadHunt Valley, MD