Precision AG Consultant
Atlantic Tractor Salisbury, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Whether you have experience with agricultural or lawn and garden equipment, or have a mechanical background and the desire to learn the Ag and/or Turf industry – now is the time to join our team! This is your opportunity for a long term career with a top employer and well-respected organization that offers great pay, above average benefits, and real advancement opportunities. If you want to be in the equipment industry, then you want to work for Atlantic Tractor, a 15 location John Deere dealership.
Atlantic Tractor, recently certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute, is on the lookout for an Precision AG Consultant to join the Integrated Solutions team at its store in Salisbury, Maryland.
- Outstanding benefits including ; 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Health Saving Accounts; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Company Paid Online and Instructor-Led Training; EAP (Employee Assistance Program); Discounts on products.
- Advancement – Due to the continued growth of the company, you can advance into a management role. Many of the managers and supervisors in our dealerships began their careers in Service, Parts or Sales.
- Stability and reputation — Atlantic Tractor has 15 locations and over 350 employees. Atlantic Tractor is known for their stability, their honesty, and their integrity. We have been named “Satisfyed Top Dealers” for 2018, 2019 and 2020. As a result of our continued growth, we have become one of the largest agricultural and equipment dealers in the Mid-Atlantic region while maintaining local community values.
- Employee impact – Enjoy a collaborative work environment where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training – We offer you company paid training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Core Values – We operate under a set of core values which we call the 6P’s of Performance. These six values are Passionate; Positive; People-Oriented; Productive; Professional and Proud. Our core values summarize our commitment to a culture of self-improvement and exceptional customer experiences which were uniquely developed by our employees.
This is a career where you will find pride in the work you do and will have the support you need to ensure your success.
- Coordinates the execution of the dealership’s John Deere Precision Ag strategy.
- Develops and executes the plan to ensure ongoing Precision Ag mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership.
- Assists in leading the organization in the area of John Deere Precision farming products.
- Ensures understanding of John Deere Precision Ag solutions in sales, service, parts and all other departments.
- Serves as the internal and external technical specialist for new precision farming products.
- Implements the adoption of new technology and product offerings.
- Develops and delivers employee and customer training for John Deere Precision Ag solutions and advanced precision farming products.
- Provides recommendations of stocking/inventory requirements for solutions enablement.
- Provides recommendations on ordering option codes in respect to new technology products.
- Provides solutions-based business consulting services to customers (i.e. advising customers on optimizing performance, reducing costs, operation efficiencies, etc.)
- May also support the dealership efforts with third-party providers (Certified Crop Advisor, Ag Service Provider, etc.) and related John Deere businesses.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge :
- 3+ years experience in an agriculture-related role.
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of mobile vehicle electrical and wireless communication systems.
- Understanding of the cropping practices in Maryland and Delaware
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other store locations and customers.
- Certified Crop Advisor certification a plus.
- Associates degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business or Agriculture Management or equivalent experience required.
Atlantic TractorWhy Work Here?
Recognized as a Great Place to Work and a Top Dealer!
31415 John Deere DriveSalisbury, MD