- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Whether you have experience with agricultural or lawn and garden equipment, or have a mechanical background and the desire to learn the Ag and/or Turf industry – now is the time to join our team! This is your opportunity for a long term-career with a top employer and well-respected organization that offers great pay, above average benefits, and real advancement opportunities. If you want to be in the equipment industry, then you want to work for Atlantic Tractor, an 18 location John Deere dealership.
Atlantic Tractor, recently certified as a Great Place to Work by the Great Place to Work Institute, is on the lookout for an Agronomist to join our team in any one of our 18 locations.
- Outstanding benefits including; 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Health Saving Accounts; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Company Paid Online and Instructor-Led Training; EAP (Employee Assistance Program); Discounts on products.
- Advancement– Due to the continued growth of the company, you can advance into a management role. Many of the managers and supervisors in our dealerships began their careers in Service, Parts or Sales.
- Stability and reputation— Atlantic Tractor has 18 locations and over 460 employees. Atlantic Tractor is known for their stability, their honesty, and their integrity. We have been named “Satisfyed Top Dealers” from 2018 through 2023. As a result of our continued growth, we have become one of the largest agricultural and equipment dealers in the Mid-Atlantic region while maintaining local community values.
- Employee impact– Enjoy a collaborative work environment where your voice will be heard and your opinions will matter.
- Training– We offer you company paid training and mentoring to prepare you for your role and continued learning to grow your skills.
- Core Values – We operate under a set of core values, which we call the 6P’s of Performance. These six values are Passionate; Positive; People-Oriented; Productive; Professional and Proud. Our core values summarize our commitment to a culture of self-improvement and exceptional customer experiences, which were uniquely developed by our employees.
This is a career where you will find pride in the work you do and will have the support you need to ensure your success.
Provide expertise at the dealership surrounding crop production systems. Build credibility with customers and enable dealership to participate in the development of comprehensive solutions for customers. Train and develop dealership personnel in agronomic best practices. Manage test plots. Collaborate with customers’ third-party advisors to ensure alignment and support.
- Assists the dealership Precision Ag department in developing key services to support job optimization related to crop production cycles and to promote positive impact on yield.
- Provides leadership across the organization for agronomic knowledge. Writes monthly articles.
- Promotes understanding across the dealership of the latest production practices and their overall agronomic impact, including crop production systems, regulations, production data layers and key attributes, etc.
- Works with customers to ensure quality machine data capture, proper machine set-up and proper delivery of third-party’s recommendations.
- Increase PAES score thru data review and management with customers
- Serves as the subject matter expert/liaison with other customer trusted advisors such as ag service providers, crop insurance agents, agronomists, etc., that are working to execute jobs with John Deere equipment and technology.
- Remains current on production practices, latest trends and changes in regulations.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 2+ years’ experience in an agriculture-related role
- Dealership sales, service, integrated solutions, training, or other related work experience preferred
- Certified Crop Advisor Certification
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer needs
- Ability to think strategically
- Demonstrates leadership, organizational, project management, interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store locations, customers and customers’ other advisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Agriculture Business, or Agriculture Mechanization or equivalent experience preferred
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.
Salary range for this position is $55 - $65k per year, based on experience
Atlantic Tractor LLC
AgricultureView all jobs at Atlantic Tractor LLC
Get fresh Lawn Services jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.