Atlantic Plywood is looking for an Outside Sales Representative to join our new team in Georgia! The Outside Sales Representative will focus on new business development for the southern Georgia market.
Develop new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers and Atlantic Plywood product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, Atlantic Plywood will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities -
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing customers.
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include customers, markets, and additional opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly resolve customer service issues. - Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of orders.
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and manufacturers.
Nature and Scope -
Demonstrates skills in business development and selling techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data. - Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process.
Minimum Qualifications -
Must be twenty one years of age
Must pass the Drug Test
Must pass the Background Check
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience -
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in plywood/wholesale areas.
Preferred Qualifications - Knowledge of customer business needs. - Knowledge in Atlantic Plywood’s product line and core customers.- Strong selling and negotiating skills in the wholesale goods industry.
Benefit Package Includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation & sick time
Benefits (provided after 90 day period)
- Short Term Disability
After one year:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401K plan