We are looking for a Maintenance Electrician for our Scarborough location. The Maintenance Electrician production and quality by ensuring operation of electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment per company quality policy.
- Ensure operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements and troubleshooting problems on conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications.
- Install new machines and equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between machines and equipment, using hand tools and test equipment. Program automated machinery.
- Required to maintain documentation in maintenance work order system
- Repair and replace as necessary electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring, inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance plans
- Prepare electrical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends. Make recommendations as necessary for improvements.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending education workshops and reviewing technical publications.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with health and safety and housekeeping practices, and use of personal protective equipment.
- Maintain documentation as required by Hydro Electric
- Maintain an adequate supply of parts as required
- Perform quality checks on all work performed
- Follow all ISO and HACCP requirements and procedures
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results and other sundries duties as assigned
- Certified Licensed Industrial Electrical/Electronics technician
- Minimum 1 year previous experience in a manufacturing industry
- Experience in paper and packaging industry an asset
- Knowledge of PLC’s, wiring, legislated standards
- Troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with all employees