Atlantic-Pacific Processing Systems (APPS) is a financial services company located in Fountain Valley, California. Our operations include credit card processing, insurance, PCI consulting and software solutions. We are growing and seeking an Underwriting professional to join our team.
The Underwriter role is an entry level position responsible for reviewing applications for adherence to specific underwriting and Bank guidelines. Review entails gathering relevant documentation and the subsequent analysis for account approval.
We are looking for an individual that possesses a professional, positive and helpful attitude while exhibiting effective, informative, and concise communication with APPS internal and external clients. We are looking for someone who is energetic, calm under pressure, and able to manage multiple projects at once.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Primary focus will be on low volume merchant account submissions.
· General understanding of personal credit report and financial tradelines.
· Ability to analyze and generate department related reports (MATCH, TIN, Credit, OFAC, etc.).
· Knowledge of underwriting related internet sites.
· Using online publications and other resources to validate all documents submitted with new applications.
· Review underwriting package and ensure all required documentation has been submitted.
· Utilize skills in problem identification, analysis and resolution using all available resources.
· Prepare written summaries based on analysis of applicant/customer information in accordance with department guidelines and procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications
· Underwriting experience in merchant services or banking is a plus.
· Capable of making quick, sound decision with the ability to detail any recommendations.
· Work well in a fast-paced environment both individually and as part of a team.
· Proficient in Microsoft products.
· Ability to prioritize work flow, multi-task and organize daily activities.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.