Atlantic | Pacific Companies is a dynamic industry leader, with a growing and diverse portfolio of properties throughout Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Southern California. At Atlantic | Pacific, we recognize that our employees are the most crucial element to our success. Our family culture drives our actions, and we take great pride in our community of capable professionals. We focus on providing the necessary tools for a healthy and productive work environment, as well as opportunities for growth and advancement, in order to create a mutually beneficial relationship between employees, owners, and customers.
Our Company is seeking:
An experienced and highly motivated Project Manager/ Maintenance Supervisor for our Multi-Family Community in Memphis, TN.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience as a Project Manager or Lead Maintenance Technician for an apartment community
- EPA Universal or HVAC Certification required
- CPO Certification and experience maintaining pools is required
- Thorough understanding of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems
- Previous experience with preventative maintenance, renovation projects, budget control negotiation, vendor relations, and organizing work orders
- Experience with One site, Yardi, or other property management software is a plus
- Manages the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management, and closeout. Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met on assigned project.
- Leads the pre-construction phase of assigned projects including the following tasks:
- Meet with Owners and Design Professionals to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction, and take immediate action to respond to problems and concerns
- A thorough review of construction documents including plans and specs
- Develops budget estimates, project buy-out schedules and writes subcontractor scopes of work
- Conducts site investigations, evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Works with scheduling consultants to develop an initial project schedule.
- Proactively identifies issues that could lead to problems and facilitates solutions.
- Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites.
- Maintains comprehensive, well-organized project documentation in Procore. Includes project reports, meeting minutes, drawing logs, submittals/shop drawings, RFIs, change orders, subcontracts, construction drawings, etc.
- Creates a submittal schedule to ensure timely receipt and review of submittals by all parties in line with the project schedule. Assures Project Team does a thorough review of all submittals/shop drawings and documents are processed through Procore workflow in a timely manner with architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Performs job site inspections to ensure fulfillment of various company standards including safety, quality, progress, compliance with Contract Documents, regulatory inspections, quality control testing, etc.
- Responsible for the financial health of the project from creating the initial schedule of values to monitoring expenditures and preparing the monthly application for payment.
- Leads the buyout of the job, writing and reviewing trade scopes, creating LOIs, and negotiating subcontracts. Updates Buyout Log and participates in weekly buyout call with the executive team.
- Manages project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of the stakeholders in the project are reasonably met.
- Create and follow up on monthly requisitions to the Owner and maintain a regular dialogue with the project(s) vendors to ensure all financial matters are kept within contract terms
- Reviews and approves subcontractor, vendor, and other invoices for prompt processing and payment.
- Prepares Owner Change Orders and Subcontractor Commitments for review and approval.
- Creates Monthly Financial Reporting Package and presents in monthly PM meeting.
- Works with Superintendent to regularly update the project schedule, documenting any delays, and coordinating the delivery of materials and subcontractor activity to ensure compliance with the Project Schedule.
- Conducts regular job site meetings with the owner, design team, and subcontractors. Creates agendas and distributes meeting minutes.
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place.
- Documents substantial completion; ensures final inspections and procurement of Certificate of Occupancy. Conducts walk-through with the Owner and/or Architect and prepare the final punch list.
- Ensures preparation of all final closeout documents and forwards to Owner; i.e., Certificate of Occupancy, as-built drawings, operation & maintenance manuals, training sessions, warranties final releases, etc.
- Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
- Works collaboratively with the Project Superintendent to ensure a balanced management approach for the Project.
- Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others while maintaining effective relationships with ownership and external parties by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior. Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others.
What We Offer:
100% Employer-Provided Health Insurance (after 30 days of employment)
Dental and Vision Insurance
Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Referral Program
Employee Assistance Program
Employee Discounts Program