Front Desk Supervisor - Hotel Indigo
- Posted: over a month ago
- $14 to $16 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Atlantic Hospitality A family of hotels
Grow Your Career!
Whether youre looking to start a new career or looking for a company to grow with at Atlantic Hospitality we are looking to provide 5-star guest service across our multiple hotel flags and need team members that are passionate about making a difference in someones day and providing service with a smile!
If youre still wondering why, you should join our team, heres a quick list of reasons:
- On the job training - no prior hospitality experience required.
- Access to our comprehensive benefits package.
- Competitive rates and schedules, Overtime available!
- With 6 hotels under one company there is more opportunity to advance!
- Paid time off for full AND part time employees!
- Optional Disability insurance
- Employee discount at hotels across the country
- Health insurance after 60 days
- Health savings account with company match
- Company Paid Life insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- All positions earn Paid Time Off
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Time and Half for working holidays
- Flexible full or part-time schedules
Ideal Candidate Skill Set
- Attention to Detail
- Safety Orientated
- Teamwork Driven
- Computer literate
- Effective Communicator
- Adaptable to Change
The Front Office Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the front office, guest services in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- Respond to all guests requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservations, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls, in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all Guest Services personnel according to Hotels S.O.P.'s.
- Ongoing development of training plans and procedures to lead the hotels to outstanding and lasting service scores for their respective brands.
- Prepare and conduct all Guest Services interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Hotels S.O.P.'s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Guest Services, including assisting with Food and Beverage personnel.
- Be adaptable and cross trained to assist when required, housekeeping, restaurant and pool side staff.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily, i.e. allowances, etc.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain Hotels S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress, Productivity and Room Forecasts are completed on a timely basis according to Hotels S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, employee discrepancies, and daily and monthly responsibilities
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office OnQ computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Hotel S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Ensure staff greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Hotel S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Hotel policies and house rules as well Hilton Brand Standards. Understand hospitality terms.
- Ensure sign off of all Service Standards by Position for Guest Services staff.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasting and management on a daily basis.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Must maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Accounting and Support.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Hotel philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Follow and enforce all Hotel credit policies.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Hotel standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly/weekly Hotel team meetings.
- Focus the Guest Services Department on their role in contributing to the Guest Service and audit scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log book on a daily basis.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Ability to travel to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Atlantic Hospitality ManagementWhy Work Here?
Opportunity to advance, benefits for full-time staff and paid time off for full and part-time employees
TourismView all jobs at Atlantic Hospitality Management