Internal Medicine/Pediatrics/Women's Health
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing a personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of common disease processes and treatments, including pertinent diagnostic/laboratory testing and medical/nursing interventions.
- Perform telephone triage with particular emphasis on assessment, problem or priority identification, and decision-making.
- Prepare patients for the doctor’s examination.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients, families and friends.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and technical ability in medication and treatment administration; administers prescribed medications correctly, with knowledge of proper dosage, route, site, and possible side effects.
- Perform authorized technical procedures; such as EKG, phlebotomy, starting and monitoring IVs, and selected laboratory tests, competently and in compliance
- Promote patient\'s independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Schedule sick appointments and future appointments.
- Measure health outcomes against patient care goals and standards, making or recommending necessary adjustments, following organizational standards of care.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and procedures, medication administration and storage procedures, and mandatory controlled substance regulations.
- Document patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintain continuity of treatment by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing patient treatment needs.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping their medical information confidential.
- Maintain nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, needed supplies.
- Place orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish treatment results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training seminars.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport, participating in team problem-solving.
- Provide assistance to patients with regards to understanding their medical healthcare plans coverage and assists patients with referrals and pre-certifications.
- Assist in managing patient interaction with the front desk and management of telephone triage.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent or unexpected clinical or administrative events arise in order to maintain both the effective functioning of the department and patient safety.
- Ensure patients understand necessary follow treatment and when their next appointment is scheduled.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- RN license to work in state of New York.
- Maintain CPR/BLS/First Aid/AED certification.
- Demonstrate high degree of professionalism and service excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to educate patients and family members.
- Ability to provide counseling and emotional support with compassion and respect for the individual.
- Ability to work as a member of the care team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
- Knowledge of infection control.
- Experience and proficiency in electronic medical records.
Atlantic Group - New York