Engineering Associate Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlantic Engineering Group (AEG) is a privately held telecommunications engineering and construction company that specializes in fiber optic internet infrastructure deployments. Our corporate office is in Buford, Georgia with offices throughout the country. See www.aeg.cc for more information about AEG and our current projects. This position is located in Kansas City, MO.Position Overview
The Associate Project Manager is responsible for successfully completing an assigned project to meet the scope and expectations of the client. The Associate Project Manager will oversee all aspects of smaller projects and/or support a Program/Project Manager on larger projects, including client relations, risk management, subcontractor and vendor management, contract management, financial and schedule, quality control, and the supervision of engineering team members assigned to the project.Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the administrative/operational oversight of a project within the program guidelines set by the Project/Program Manager
- Monitors the profit & loss of the assigned project with the support of the Project/Program Manager
- Coordinates with team to ensure production goals are met within the project schedule and scope
- Advises other Managers on status of work
- Interfaces and acts as liaison with customers, contractors, and suppliers
- Reviews and recommends changes and resolves technical problems
- Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained
- Supports the execution of programs and procedures to meet management and technical project requirements
- Provides technical and operational support and services to ensure quality assurance standards are met in providing support to various project tasks
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- 3+ years of telecommunication experience with similar duties and responsibilities.
- 1+ yr of team leadership, supervision or management experience preferred
- Fundamental understanding of network architecture required; Experience working for an electric utility is preferred
- OSP design experience with Computer Aided Design software
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office & Google Suite applications, ArcPro and/or other engineering software and project management programs
- Must be able to read, interpret and extrapolate FTTH plans, drawings, and specifications
- Must be able to analyze, comprehend, and present complex information in various forms
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Exceptional people skills to work with and motivate a diverse technical and operations group; ability to build confidence with AEG clients
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Positive, can-do attitude with a high level of integrity
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- May experience long hours of standing and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
All candidates interested in employment with Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC does not offer sponsorships for current or future employment visas (e.g., H-B1 employment visa).
Atlantic Engineering Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Atlantic Engineering Group
AddressKansas City, MO
Get fresh Project Engineer Telecommunications jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.