Cloud Systems Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Atlantic Digital’s Government IT Solutions Professionals have a proven track record in understanding the technical challenges and providing a full range of IT solutions for Federal, State and local government agencies. We are currently seeking individuals with a passion to pursue or continue their career in a mission focused environment.
Atlantic Digital has the opportunity to support the SITEC II project with positions onsite at MacDill AFB, FL. We pride ourselves on hiring and retaining the "best of the best" and are seeking experienced, innovative and motivated IT Specialists to support the enablement of SITEC II mission objectives.
*DoD TS/SCI clearance REQUIRED
CLOUD SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Cloud Systems Engineers will perform engineer-level support in within Azure/AWS in both NIPR and SIPR networks; will be responsible for ensuring that Azure/AWS instances are built and secured to meet DISA STIG security and mission requirements; will construct cloud based servers work with networking during implementation and rollout; will be responsible for working with Exchange Administrators to configure Office 365 environments. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s software and AWS cloud computing, Cloud System Engineers must be familiar with the systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement within the cloud. Responsibilities will include participating in working groups, design reviews, and system tests. Cloud Systems Engineers will work with the Cloud Architect to generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on results and reviews. Cloud System Engineers need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills and must have a strong understanding of cloud networking protocols and best practices.
Typical duties include:
- Meeting with clients to ensure services provided are within mission requirements
- Constructing Cloud-based servers
- Working with AWS support to mediate all issues and concerns within AWS infrastructure
- Ensuring client OS and Instances follow DISA STIG and ACAS findings
- Testing system and software interoperability
- Managing and configuring Office 365 environment within Microsoft Azure
- Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II
- Microsoft Certified Expert in the Azure product line OR
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate OR
- Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Engineer Expert OR
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Additional desired (Not Required) certifications, skills, experience, and/or knowledge:
- Networking experience
- VMware virtualization experience
- Understanding of DISA STIGs
- Experience Requirements:
- 2 to 4 years of experience as Systems Engineer.
- 1 to 2 years of experience as Cloud Administrator.
**This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 22, 2022 or the start date if after January 22, 2022
Atlantic Digital offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package to include but not limited to: Medical, Dental, Vision, company paid Life and LTD, a 401(k) plan with matching contributions, Education Assistance, Holidays and Paid Time Off.
It is the policy of Atlantic Digital to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Atlantic Digital will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TechnologyView all jobs at Atlantic Digital