Automotive Service Technician
We are looking for a reliable and knowledgeable Automotive Technician for two product lines in the Lithia Springs area. Atlanta West Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram and Atlanta West Kia are looking for knowledgeable Automotive Technicians to perform a wide range of automotive services. In this role, you will inspect and repair vehicles and make recommendations for automotive repairs and maintenance.
The Automotive Technician will also answer customer questions, inform customers about shop products and services, and adhere to vehicle safety protocols.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Short term and long term disability packages
- Check vehicles to ensure compliance with state inspection requirements
- Perform routine automotive maintenance, such as oil changes and tire rotations
- Identify pre-existing and potential vehicle malfunctions, verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems,
- Work with manufacturers to order inventory,
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Coordinate with insurance companies to complete sponsored repairs
- Inform customers about promotional products and services
- Test vehicle parts prior to installation/repair
- Keep accurate records of completed and outstanding jobs
- Consistently meet deadlines for completed work
- Maintain up-to-date job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational or post secondary program completion, preferred
- At least 2 years of experience in a dealership environment.
- ASE Certification preferred, but not required
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a related role, preferred
- Extensive experience with various hand tools preferred
- Familiarity with automotive electrical systems, preferred
- Familiarity with diesel engines, preferred