Member Service Representative II - Ogeechee area
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NEW branch opening – put your financial institution & member service experience to work in our brand-new flagship facility!
- 99% of the cost of employee healthcare covered by the company
- 100% of the cost of dental and vision covered by the company
- Mission dedicated to serving the credit union members (our consumer)
- Culture focused on employee engagement
Note: Initial training may take place at our current branches at Pooler or Ogeechee.
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to assist Atlanta Postal Credit Union to live out our Mission, “To help our members achieve financial success by providing exceptional products and service.”
The Member Service Representative II (MSR II) proactively engages existing members in dialogue to ensure timely processing of payment and transfer services, open accounts for new members, perform basic teller transactions, and ensure appropriate product recommendations which are aligned with member needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Deliver outstanding service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises:
- Processes a variety of member transactions including, but not limited to, visa payments, transfers, loan payments, deposits, U.S. Savings bond transactions, cash advances, etc.
- Completes a variety of service requests, clerical duties, and research associated with the resolution of member inquiries and concerns
- Facilitates the ability for the member to speak with internal business partners for resolution of inquiries and concerns that can’t be resolved by yourself
- Completes the opening of new member accounts and assist existing members with changes and updates on their accounts; Sets up share/loan allocations for accounts
- Engages in needs-based dialogue with members to fully understand the member’s financial needs
- Recommends and positions credit union products and services that meet the member’s needs
- Based on member needs, makes referrals to internal partners for product delivery
- Recognizes and acts upon opportunities to explore the expansion of the financial services relationship with members and member’s family
- Receives and services member requests both in person and over the phone
- Maintains up to date knowledge of all retail procedures; Follows all practices that have been put in place to mitigate fraudulent activity and unnecessary risks
- Maintains up to date product knowledge; has a full understanding of the features and benefits of the products and services offered by the credit union
- Utilizes product knowledge, customer service skills, and consultative sales skills to overcome member skepticism or member objections when a recommended product or service is genuinely in the best interest of the member
- As needed or required, maintain/balance branch vault, open or close branch, balance ATM, prepare and verify currency or coin orders/shipments, process night deposits, balance cash drawer
- Complies with all aspects of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations as they relate to this position
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports. If serving in a designated lead role, may manage day-to-day task through indirect reporting relationships or through a matrixed management approach and the ability to collaboratively interact with internal and external partners.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/pr ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED Education and/or Experience:
- An Associate’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field of study; 2 years relative work experience or 2 years college course equivalent in lieu of degree
- 2 additional years of work experience in banking, financial service, or credit unions
- 10-Key calculator, typing and keying skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
PREFFERED Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration, or related field of study
- 2 years specific member facing work experience within a Credit Union
- Prior experience completing transactions in Symitar
Physical Job Requirements:
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines such as calculator, computer, printer, facsimile, telephone, copier, etc. Must be able to stand, bend and stoop as needed. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 20 to 50 pounds
A credit report will be generated and reviewed for all applicants.
Atlanta Postal Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Atlanta Postal Credit Union