Call Center Rep (Member Service Rep I)
- $16 to $18 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- 99% of the cost of employee healthcare covered by the company
- 100% of the cost of dental and vision covered by the company
- 401K match offered
- Culture focused on employee engagement & giving back
- Mission dedicated to serving the credit union members (our customers)
Target pay range: $15.80 per hour - $18.00 per hour
Position Status – Full Time non-exempt (Hourly)
Purpose: The primary purpose of this position is to assist Atlanta Postal Credit Union to live out our Mission, “To help our members achieve financial success by providing exceptional products and service.”
The Call Center Rep (Member Service Rep I) provides a variety of payment, withdrawal, and cash deposit services to existing and potential members of the Credit Union via the telephone. Depending on their assignment, the MSRI from time to time may perform all or a portion of the tasks listed herein but all incumbents are expected to be proficient in each task over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver outstanding service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with our Service Promises:
- I promise to be mindful of your time with fast, efficient, courteous, and friendly service.
- I promise to demonstrate integrity in all my interactions.
- I promise to always treat you with dignity and respect.
- I promise to work with fellow employees throughout the credit union to ensure you receive the best possible products, service, and solutions.
- I promise to safeguard the security and confidential nature of your financial information.
- I promise to greet you with a smile and thank you for your business when your transaction is completed.
- I promise to deliver on our mission to help you achieve financial success by providing exceptional products and service.
- Receives and processes a variety of transactions with a high level of accuracy and in accordance with all APCU service promises, policies, and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of all teller functions that can be processed in person on a branch teller line or via the ITM.
- If assigned to service transactions primarily via the ITM, in times of diminished ITM transaction volume, receives member calls in the call center.
- As required or assigned, may process night deposit transactions, balances ATM cash machine, sell gift cards, cash savings bonds, etc.
- Handles request of varying degrees of complexity; some routine in nature and others requiring research and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve issues.
- Depending on assignment, performs end of shift balancing and other clerical duties according to procedures; maintains teller cash at credit union levels.
- May complete a variety of service requests, clerical duties, and research associated with the resolution of member inquiries and concerns.
- Engages in needs-based dialogue with members to fully understand the member’s financial needs.
- Recommends and positions credit union products and services that meet the member’s needs.
- Based on member needs, makes referrals to internal partners for product delivery
- Utilizes product knowledge, customer service skills, and consultative sales skills to overcome member skepticism or member objections when a recommended product or service is genuinely in the best interest of the member.
- Facilitates the ability for the member to speak with internal business partners for resolution of inquiries and concerns that can’t be resolved by yourself.
- As assigned, receives inbound calls in a call center environment and provides member services in accordance with all guidance, processes, and procedures of the call center.
- Follows all processes and practices that have been put in place to mitigate fraudulent activity and unnecessary risks.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge; has a full understanding of the features and benefits of the products and services offered by the credit union.
- Complies with all aspects of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations as they relate to this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct reports. May manage day-to-day task through indirect reporting relationships or through a matrixed management approach and the ability to collaboratively interact with internal and external partners.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/pr ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED Education and/or Experience:
- Requires a level of knowledge normally gained with a high school diploma or equivalent
- Prior customer service work experience, call center work experience or teller work experience
- 10-Key calculator, typing and keying skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
PREFFERED Education and/or Experience:
- Prior cash handling work experience
- 1-year specific member facing work experience or call center specific work experience within a Credit Union
- Prior experience completing transactions in Symitar, and Meridian Link
Physical Job Requirements:
Must be physically able to operate a variety of automated office machines such as calculator, computer, printer, facsimile, telephone, copier, etc. Must be able to stand, bend and stoop as needed. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of 5 to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements for the position listed are general and are not all inclusive. If you have any questions concerning this position, please contact Human Resources.
Please note that an employment offer, and your continued employment, are contingent upon acceptable results of a background and credit check, as well as satisfactory proof of your right to work in the U.S.
Atlanta Postal Credit UnionAtlanta, GA
BusinessView All Atlanta Postal Credit Union Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.