Local Class B CDL Driver
Our Driver's are home nightly.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Available
Driver 2 (CDL-B)
Atlanta Community Food Bank
732 Joseph E Lowery Blvd., NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
Who We Are:
The Atlanta Community Food Bank is working to end hunger in our community with the food, people and big ideas needed so that no one worries where their next meal is coming from. Since 1979, we’ve been providing food for a growing network of nonprofit partners – including food pantries, community kitchens, child care centers, night shelters and senior centers. We currently serve more than 600 partners in 29 counties across metro Atlanta and north Georgia.
About the Role:
Drivers at the Atlanta Community Food Bank are charged with ensuring customer satisfaction and transporting items in a safe and timely manner. The Driver will pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. Drivers must be willing to work as part of the Transportation team in order to ensure that the orders and/or donations are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the assigned destination. Drivers must be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing excellent customer service while ensuring orders are properly fulfilled and transported safely.
What You’ll Do:
1. Transportation Services
- Load, transport, and deliver items in a safe and timely manner for donors, Food Bank programs and events, partners, affiliates, etc.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete and the customer is satisfied
- Load and unload vehicles, adhere to assigned routes, and follow time schedules
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a safe driving record
- Operate equipment and machines, such as trucks, lifts, etc.
2. Customer Service
- Provide excellent customer service to affiliates, partners, and agencies
- Serves as a key representative between the Food Bank and its affiliates, partners, and agencies
- Greet and address affiliates, partners, and agencies in a friendly and respectful manner
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- All equipment certification within 90 days of hire
- Must possess a valid Georgia Driver’s License – Class B
- 1-2 years of experience driving Class B trucks
- Mus provide a copy of most recent MVR; No moving violations in the past three (3) years
- Must successfully complete Safe Food Handling training program
- Must be able to demonstrate experience using pallet jacks, forklifts and other warehouse equipment
- Customer Service
Even Better if you have:
- Clear MVR for past seven years
- Knowledge of and experience driving in the City of Atlanta and surrounding areas
- Previous experience interacting directly with diverse groups of customers
This role may be a fit for you if you:
- Have experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment with diverse groups of people
- Are organized and detail oriented
- Have the ability to work weekends and various hours based on the needs of the operation
- Are committed to obeying all traffic laws and operate equipment in a safe manner
And You'll Love this Position if:
- You are by nature - a quick learner
There may be some Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is routinely required to lift and transport heavy items to waist level, up to 75 lbs.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, climbing and walking are required.
- Required to drive a forklift and operate warehouse equipment.
- This position would normally have routine opportunities to alter physical position or change eye focus. Frequently operates in temperature conditions consistent with outside weather. Frequently transition between ambient and refrigerator / freezer temperatures. This position requires local travel on a daily basis including routine stops which require Driver to load and unload truck contents.