Special Education Paraprofessional
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Athlos Academy of St. Cloud is a public, tuition-free K-8 charter school. Our school offers a unique approach that empowers students to live fulfilling, responsible, and successful lives by building on our three foundational pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character. Athlos students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as well as a broad knowledge base and healthy lifestyle habits. Our school culture celebrates high academic achievement, fosters individual growth in fitness and Performance Character, and promotes regular family engagement.
Position: Special Education Paraprofessional
Reports to: Department Lead and Case Manager
Start Date: August 23, 2021
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Education: High School Diploma
Experience Required: Classroom experience preferred
Certification Required: ParaPro Certification or 2 years of higher education
Preferred Qualification: Ability to speak a foreign language (Somali, Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese, etc.) $.50 per hour differentials for bilingual paraprofessionals, and paraprofessionals with either a valid short-call substitute license or a valid teaching license.
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Growth mindset
- Reflective practitioner
- Creative problem solver
- Willing to take risks
- Highly organized
- Effective at time management
- Seeks out professional learning
- Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/ protocols
- Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
- Good communicator and active listener
- Primary function is intense management of student behaviors.
- Assists with management of student behavior and discipline, primarily for students with disabilities.
- Uses the classroom management plan consistent with an assigned teacher’s techniques and school-wide standards.
- Undergoes training in managing the behavior of students per IEP requirements.
- Helps supervise students in all areas of the school including pick-up/drop-off, recess, lunch, etc.
- Assists teachers with classroom instruction as assigned (individualized instruction, small groups, etc.)
- Helps teachers accommodate all students with IEPs.
- Communicates student needs to general and special education teachers when appropriate.
- Provides performance measurements to classroom teaching mentor to help with student progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, three letters of recommendation and a copy of related certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athlos Leadership Academy
AddressSaint Cloud, MN
EducationView all jobs at Athlos Leadership Academy