Mission Statement and Core Values:
Athletico’s sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork and continuous improvement, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
The Office Coordinator will serve as a liaison between Athletico, its patients and staff. The Office Coordinator will facilitate communication with patients, all clinic staff, referral sources, insurance companies, and all corporate departments. The Office Coordinator offers the highest level of customer service to ensure that patients receive the utmost care, consideration and is an integral part of the clinic success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation and maintenance of an environment that ensures the highest level of customer service to all
- Providing professional, friendly and compassionate service to all patients and staff in person and/or via telephone communication
- Setting expectations for physical/occupational therapy services including but not limited to patient intake paperwork, insurance benefits, preauthorization, outcome measures, payment on account and layout per company best practices
- Accurate scheduling and registration of patients
- Obtaining and verification of patient insurance information, and manage patient insurance requirements such as pre-authorizations
- Informing Athletico’s patients of insurance benefits, which will include conversation around patient balance and options to pay. This also includes collecting patient balances, co-payments, self-pay and durable medical equipment payments per company guidelines
- Timely communication via email, phone, and/or in person
- Serving as the liaison between attorneys, Resource Center departments , clinical staff, insurance companies, adjusters and nurse case managers and patients
- Managing the communication of patient progress to physicians, nurse case managers, adjusters , attorneys via fax, email or phone
- Running the daily/weekly Portal and NextGen reports. Review and identify next action(s)
- Supporting the Facility Manager with daily operations of the clinic
- Supporting the Regional Manager and Regional Service Manager as requested to help grow the business
- Onboarding of new employees/verifying I-9 Perform all duties and special projects assigned per specified deadlines
- Training all staff on administrative duties, company protocols and best practices
- Ordering of office/clinic supplies
- Ensuring they maintain flexibility to perform rehabilitation aide position requirements if and when clinic requires support
- As applicable per location, could be responsible for urine and/or saliva collection for post offer drug screening.
- Other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager and/or Regional Service Manager
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, goal oriented, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required
- Strong background in providing excellent customer service skills preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel preferred or a similar version such as Libre Office
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance benefits and coverage preferred
- Work well in a team atmosphere and have a strong sense of leadership skills
- Enjoy interacting with people
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patient/Client Satisfaction: Providing exceptional customer service that exceeds expectations
- Accountability: Accepting responsibility for my action, decisions, and behaviors
- Continuous Improvement: Developing personally and professionally and being open to coaching consisting of positive and constructive feedback
- Teamwork: Collaborating to achieve a common goal
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
- Travel may be required to existing or new Athletico locations or corporate onsite meetings
Athletico is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.