Staff or Senior Staff Accountant - Compliance
Athira Pharma Bothell, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our mission is to restore lives by advancing bold therapies, thoughtfully and urgently. We are working to provide better care for people through innovative research and accessible products. Using our platform of disease-modifying regenerative small molecules, our current focus is on neurological diseases. An estimated one billion people around the world suffer from neurological disorders including Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinson’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and more. With both a discovery arm and a researchand development arm, we are positioned to lead the development of disease-modifying, life changing therapies addressing one of the largest and most critical unmet medical needs today.
About this role:
The staff accountant will directly support the Compliance and Reporting Manager to ensure the accurate and timely preparation of the financial statements and SOX compliance during a transformational period for Athira. We are a small, but growing team, so a willingness to try new things and the desire to learn new skills and tasks is of tantamount importance!
• Prepare SEC financial statements and footnote disclosures.
• Assist with SOX compliance including the monitoring the performance of controls and retention of documentation.
• Prepare stock-based compensation accounting journal entries and disclosures.
• Prepare investments accounting journal entries and disclosures.
• Complete various month end closing activities, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for various accounts.
• Cross collaborate with other departments in preparing work-in-process and R&D accruals.
• Participate in the implementation of new financial systems and processes to help the department scale for growth and SOX readiness.
• Preparation of monthly departmental budget reports and management/ad-hoc reports.
• Assist with technical accounting memos and accounting policies.
• Assist with periodic NetSuite upgrades and UAT programs.
• Assist in coordination with external auditors.
• Bachelors degree in accounting, CPA preferred
• 3-5 years experience in accounting
• Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
• Detail and deadline-oriented
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and be flexible as new challenges arise
• Advanced knowledge in Excel is a must
• Experience with Netsuite, ActiveDisclosure, Equity Management systems, Clearwater, or Paychex a plus
• Shares our team values of collaboration, perseverance, resourcefulness, and integrity
• Biotech experience is a plus
Athira is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Athira PharmaWhy Work Here?
Advancing New Therapies for Neurodegenerative Diseases
Athira Pharma is a drug development company striving to improve human health by advancing new therapies for neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Our innovative approach is focused on turning brain degeneration into regeneration, achieved by re-establishing lost connections and restoring lost function.
18706 North Creek Parkway Suite 104Bothell, WA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Athira Pharma