Sweeper Driver - Class A/B
Athens Services City of Industry, CA
- Expired: July 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Overview & Essential Job Functions
The Sweeper Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty sweeper truck to perform assigned duties on cleaning the city's surface streets and/or parking lots. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing the city, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates sweeping vehicle that cleans streets of trash and other accumulation by activating and controlling the rotary brushes and water spray.
- Ensures waste, supplies and material handling equipment is secured prior to operating sweeper.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any concerns.
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies and identify on-road issues.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents/accidents/injures/property damage.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- 1 year of previous experience.
- Acceptable Driver Record.
- Able to meet all DOT requirements.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy, or transportation industry.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
AddressCity of Industry, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Athens Services