Operations Supervisor - Transfer
Athens Services Running Springs, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Supervisor Transfer oversees the assigned Transfer Station daily operations to ensure the highest standards of safety and operations are followed. Ensures site compliance with all company, county and regulatory agencies. The Operation Supervisor - Transfer is responsible for providing the highest quality of leadership to the sites staff and processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Resolves customer and site personnel problems according to company policy.
- Inputs required daily information, reviews all site paperwork, inspections and timesheets.
- Works closely with the Transfer Station Manager on any projects designed to improve the sites production, efficiency or safety.
- Encourage, monitor and document all recycling activities on site.
- Ensure that the facility complies with company policy as well as local & state regulations at all times.
- Be actively involved with hiring, reviewing, promoting and disciplining of site personnel.
- Make a continuous effort to maximize production and efficiency at the site without compromising safety of employees or customers.
- Ensure all personnel receive required safety and operational training and attend mandatory safety meetings.
- Operates heavy equipment, as operational needs require.
- Oversees counting and collecting of store daily deposit (Heaps Peak Transfer Station only).
- Oversees daily activities of store attendants (Heaps Peak Transfer Station only).
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 5 years experience working in the waste industry and possess basic supervisory skills
- Advanced working knowledge of all transfer station operations including loading of trash, compaction, and basic equipment background.
- Valid Class A license.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Basic First Aid/CPR and 8 hour Hazwopper Certification.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Bilingual English / Spanish.
- Knowledgeable in DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral communication, analytical ability, concentration, exposure to heavy machinery, & eye/hand coordination, & handling continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, crouching, & lifting 50 Lbs. continuously.
- Exposure to unprotected heights occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet slippery surfaces, hot/cold conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works inside and outside.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environment
AddressRunning Springs, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Athens Services