Operations Manager - Street Sweeping
Athens Services Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: April 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Operations Manager - manages Street Sweeping routes and vendor / porter performance on a daily basis. This position ensures that vendor and porter resources are adequate to meet daily operational demands. The Operations Manager troubleshoots and resolves safety, services, and operational issues in collaboration with the customer and vendor. The Operations Manager works with their General Manager and other managers in the business unit to execute a local market strategy that complements the companys overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Manager oversees all matters related to their operation and overseas sales and leads regarding all operations to ensure compliance with standards; and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the company.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage vendors including hiring, training, coaching, performance management; develop vendor goals and objectives; and effective resolution of safety issues and complaints.
- Implement and execute plans to complement the business strategic and operating plan; champion the execution of tactical initiatives within the Business Unit to maximize the customer experience, growth and durability, while optimizing profitability.
- Drive functional plans within the operations group to execute against the business plan to achieve or exceed the Business Units budget and strategic plan to grow the business, achieve customer experience goals, and meet or exceed service business objectives.
- Lead all matters related to sweeping and pressure washing operations to ensure overall operations meets safety, compliance and P & L objectives.
- Ensure maximum productivity and route management systems for sweeping, pressure washing and porter services and establish productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence to operating standards; and manage vendor costs.
- Interact with customers and local, state and federal government employees to resolve customer service concerns; ensure regulatory compliance standards are met.
- Oversee effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable action are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implement and maintain an effective loss control and safety program.
- Lead operations to ensure compliance with all standards including environmental, operating, regulatory, safety, accounting and ethics.
- Approve expenses and manage vendor costs for the operations department including approval of purchase orders and vendor pricing.
- Develop a best-in-class team, workplace culture and effectively manage performance and talent development; drive best-practice sharing.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relations with relevant customers, community and environmental groups.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5 to 7 year's management experience.
- Experience in labor relations.
- Previous experience in understanding and management of P&L line items.
- Previous experience working at a site regulated by OSHA.
- Demonstrated business acumen, strategic thinking and an ability to execute against formulated strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to optimize near-term results that contribute to long-term sustainable success.
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Experience in a sweeping industry or industrial or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Class A / B License preferred.
- Bilingual would be highly preferred.
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, organization, concentration, working with interruptions & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, driving, feet (pedals) continuously.
- Climbing (Stairs/Ladders), standing, walking, fingering (typing), handling (holding), & calculating frequently.
- Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, reaching, sitting, wrist motion occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil, hot/cold temperatures, standing on concrete & vibration continuously.
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, and uneven or slippery surfaces occasionally.
- Works inside & outside.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing & Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Software Powered by iCIMS
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Athens Services