Maintenance Supervisor - MRF 2nd shift
Athens Services Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the efficient operation of the maintenance department and for the general supervision of Mechanics and Cleaners. Prioritizes workload according to safety factors and operational needs and ensures workload is evenly distributed. Reviews productivity levels and the progress of all repairs. Monitors the preventative maintenance and BIT programs to ensure they are done in a timely manner consistent with all regulatory requirements. Responsible to maintain a safe work environment by ensuring safe work practices are followed and monthly safety meetings are conducted. Administer company policy and procedures and promote positive employee relations. Candidate should have knowledge troubleshooting and/or working with Conveyors, electronics (motor controls, VFD, PLC (Allen Bradley) and Hydraulics.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Maintenance Manager oversee the Periodic Maintenance Inspection Program by regularly reviewing and auditing processes/procedures to ensure that the maintenance employees are performing quality inspections/repairs, documenting all repairs, and making process alterations as needed.
- Ensures proper parts inventory management and organization. Performs regular inspections to guarantee processes are being followed.
- Promote positive team work and safe working behaviors.
- Provide proper coaching and/or mentorship to all maintenance employees that will help promote a healthy and positive work environment.
- Ensures all maintenance employees have tools, equipment and supplies to perform maintenance and/or daily tasks.
- Promote the use of relevant technology and information systems that improve shop performance such as Dossier.
- High School Diploma and/or GED
- 3 years Maintenance Supervisor experience - managing and/or supporting maintenance department.
- Bilingual (English /Spanish).
- Self-motivated, highly competitive, and results-oriented with a proven and documented history of success.
- Proficiency level skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and communicating using email. Ability to learn our internal maintenance software quickly.
- Work experience in successfully implementing safety programs and processes in a fleet environment.
- Must have supervisory experience, organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Highly proficient in fleet maintenance and shop operations.
- Knowledgeable in Federal DOT & CAL OSHA regulations.
- An extensive background as a mechanic, shop supervisor or fleet manager with three or more years of hands-on experience is preferred.
- Waste industry experience.
- Mechanical school certificate and/or ASE certification(s).
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Valid Class A or B license. Good driving record
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, organization, concentration, Eye/hand coordination, working with interruptions & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Sitting, standing, & walking frequently.
- Handling (holding), balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, & reaching occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil, hot/cold temperatures, & vibration continuously.
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, standing on concrete, and uneven or slippery surfaces frequently.
- Works inside & outside.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Career plan
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
- An exceptional work environmentAthens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Athens ServicesWhy Work Here?
Athens Services is a privately held organization, and we have been in operation for over 60 years.
We strongly encourage workforce development in order to help our employees grow and advance, and we pride ourselves in continuing to be one of the premier employers in Southern California. We offer a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401(k), plus opportunities for advancement.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at Athens Services