Fleet Maintenance Supervisor 2nd shift
Athens Services Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor manages the day-to-day Maintenance Operations including all fleet repairs, diagnostics, fleet supply, inventories, time and attendance of maintenance staff, record keeping, providing effective communication, positive reinforcement, proper guidance, and effective mentoring to maintenance staff. The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor reports directly to the Fleet Maintenance Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Notify management / supervision of any & all observed safety hazards & or adverse conditions of existing safety equipment.
- Insure all personnel use applicable company issued personal protective equipment.
- Work in accordance with all safety policies and procedures - Safety / task specific meetings conducted monthly to include any designated hot spot topics.
- Liquid storage of both bulk and waste products is handled using sound environmental BMP's.
- Ability to determine root cause and provide appropriate solutions and focuses on results.
- Ensures all repairs and maintenance is recorded accurately and timely.
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels in a positive manner on a continuing basis.
- All departmental maintenance parts and supplies are stocked inventoried, monitored and maintained.
- The professional appearance of the company equipment & quality of repairs is vital. Schedule all tasks to achieve this level.
- All excessive labor requirements reported to mgmt. to facilitate on time scheduling.
- Any deficiencies or observations that can effect performance or the timely accomplishments of day to day tasks is reported to management.
- Recognition of employees success's on a regular basis. Direct reports are encouraged to do better through recognition of work done well.
- Appropriately disciplines employees relative to consistency and fair application.
- Displays confidence and enthusiasm and takes actions as needed to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Builds both interpersonal and professional relationships; coaches, develops, mentors.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Trade School Certification.
- ASE Certifications.
- 5+ years experience in maintenance environment.
- 2-3 years in a leadership role.
- Experience with parts and inventory.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications & Computer based maintenance tracking systems (Dossier, EMS, CFA).
- Consistently behaves in a manner that is appropriate and professional.
- Great customer service attitude, communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of people.
- Valid Class C driver's license.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Diagnostic computer skills.
- Seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, organization, concentration, Eye/hand coordination, working with interruptions & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Sitting, standing, & walking frequently.
- Handling (holding), balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, pushing, & reaching occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, noise, grease, oil, hot/cold temperatures, & vibration continuously.
- Exposure to electrical hazards, chemicals, standing on concrete, and uneven or slippery surfaces frequently.
- Works inside & outside.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
AddressLos Angeles, CA
AutomotiveView all jobs at Athens Services