Desktop Support Specialist I
Athens Services City of Industry, CA
- Expired: April 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problem, and determines and implements solution.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide Excellent Customer Service on the phone, email and in person to all Athens Services Internal users and external customers.
- Work on call and on weekends after business hours as part of the on call rotation schedule.
- Help Desk Specialist will be required to make site visits when support is needed for all Athens Services sites.
- Train users that will be working from home to ensure they are familiar with Athens Services applications.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Write training manuals.
- Close POs on time for order placed.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Image computers in a timely manner to ensure internal customers are up and running in a timely manner.
- Provide outstanding customer/user service.
- Improve response times to customer/user requests.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- 2-4 year Technical Trade School.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a technical support environment.
- Valid Class C drivers license.
- Acceptable driving record.
- Provide quality service to all users in all assigned tasks, while upholding Athens Values at all times.
- Diagnostic and analytical skills for software and general IS application knowledge.
- Strong computer literacy skills with an emphasis on software knowledge, installations and use. Microsoft applications, Data Base applications, Internet and internet protocols.
- Basic computer abilities with the understanding of terminology and functionality.
- Ability to multitask - Sense of urgency; maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent telephone presence with organized follow-up skills.
- Ability to be proactive and able to take direction and establish ownership of projects.
- Demonstrated networking skills, able to foster strong relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong customer focus; service oriented attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company data.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Waste and/or Transportation experience.
- Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Lifting 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
- Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
- Works inside only. Position considered office only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing, Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Software Powered by iCIMS
AddressCity of Industry, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Athens Services