CDL-C Truck Drivers
Athens Services Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
All helpers employed by Athens Services are responsible for all assigned waste collection. It is expected that every helper employee will conduct his/her self in a professional manner at all times and perform all duties as assigned in a safe manner. The primary duty of all helper personnel is to aid the efforts of the driver and be a second set of eyes on the road to prevent accidents and injuries. Commercial helpers are responsible for the collection and hand loading of commercial and residential waste. Our helpers must also be able to communicate professionally with customers, dispatch, and supervisors.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in picking up and transporting waste safely, according to all federal, state and local rules and regulations.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day.
- Ensure that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis.
- Communicating any issues to Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensure waste, supplies, and material handling equipment is secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Respects the property of all residential and commercial customers.
- Responsible for cleaning the inside and exterior of the trucks on a regular basis and reports any observed maintenance problems.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while loading and unloading vehicle.
- High School Diploma / G.E.D.
- Valid Class C Driver's License
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a heavy labor role
- Acceptable Driver Record
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy, or transportation industry
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing & Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Athens Services