CDL-A Truck Drivers
Athens Services Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The Roll-Off Driver is responsible for safely operating a heavy-duty truck to perform assigned duties on container delivery, recycling, residential, commercial, or industrial (roll-off) routes. This position is responsible for efficiently servicing assigned customers, while complying with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with Company policies.
Essential Job Functions
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Occupational and Safety Health Act (OSHA)/Department of Transportation (DOT) requires as well as all local, state and federal requirements; maintains a clean and safe vehicle.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle using utilizing standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Ensures vehicle is operating correctly while on the route and notifies Route Supervisor/Dispatch/Maintenance of any concerns.
- Understands and practices operating as prescribed in Athens Services Safety Rules.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations/service calls to Route Supervisor/Dispatch before attempting service.
- Participates and cooperates in all scheduled training, briefings, and Safety meetings as required by the Company.
- Makes use of standard tools and resources provided by the Company.
- Works closely with Route Supervisors to improve route efficiencies and identify problem or unsafe accounts.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Supervisor or Dispatch, assisting other company drivers as directed.
- Notifies Route Supervisor of any incidents/accidents/injures/property damage.
- Notifies Dispatch/Route Supervisor of issues as prescribed by Service Machine protocol, including blocked containers, potential missed pick-ups or problems that arise on the route.
- Communicates customer requests/issues to Dispatch/Route Supervisor.
- Completely dumps all containers and leaves the customers location clean and free of debris.
- Completes and submits DCIS (driver call inquiry).
- Properly positions containers on the customers property.
- Follows route assignments throughout the day and completes all documentation when checking-in at the end of the route.
- Provides a positive professional customer attitude when dealing with customers.
- Assists other drivers in completing routes as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Class A Driver's License.
- Acceptable Driver Record.
- Able to meet all DOT requirements.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Work experience in the waste, environmental services, energy, or transportation industry.
- Standing, walking, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, frequently, and lifting 50 Lbs. frequently.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, grease, oil, chemicals, wet/hot conditions, & noise continuously.
- Works outside only.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K, Profit Sharing & Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
Athens ServicesWhy Work Here?
Athens Services is a privately held organization, and we have been in operation for over 60 years.
We strongly encourage workforce development in order to help our employees grow and advance, and we pride ourselves in continuing to be one of the premier employers in Southern California. We offer a competitive salary, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurances, 401(k), plus opportunities for advancement.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Athens Services