Athens Services City of Industry, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Business Analyst will work as a business partner with various levels of management to assist with contract compliance and reporting to the cities in which the company has exclusive franchises. The Business Analyst will be responsible for financial analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, disposal reporting, and municipal fee calculations at each month-end. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Finance and Compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Produce monthly reports of waste disposal and landfill diversion by municipality.
- Prepare monthly reports of municipal franchise fees and other fees (city fees) by municipality.
- Develop financial models to assess opportunities for revenue enhancement and cost reduction.
- Assemble information for responding to requests from auditors.
- Respond to requests from cities for ad hoc reports by retrieving and summarizing financial and operational data.
- Update customer accounts in the billing system with NAICS codes and Assessors Parcel Numbers.
- Supervise the analytical tasks of the administrative staff.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Operationally oriented with the ability to correlate operating performance and financial trends.
- Experience with financial model developments; building models from scratch.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, lookups and advanced formula utilization).
- Working knowledge of SQL with the ability to interpret and analyze large amounts of data, summarizing into concise financial models.
- Reporting software experience with Microsoft Access/Crystal Reports.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Masters Degree
- Waste industry experience
- Sitting, seeing, hearing, & smelling continuously.
- Problem solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, fingering (typing), handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
- Exposure to dust, smoke, fumes, odors, & noise occasionally.
- Exposure to grease, oil, chemicals, & wet conditions occasionally.
- This position may travel to local sites.
- Comprehensive benefit package Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K & Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Recognition programs
- Professional development learning
Athens will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and any other applicable state, federal or local laws. EEO/M/F/disability/veteran
AddressCity of Industry, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Athens Services