Connect with work that matters. Be a part of transforming the healthcare industry!
We are looking for aversatile content marketing writerto jointhe Contentteam within ourMarketingdivision. Your job will be tohelp us educate andpersuadeaudiences by authoring thoughtful, engaging, and persuasive written content. But enough about us; let's talk about you.
You are able to build relationships with key stakeholders to help support your own work. You are able to focus on important information without getting bogged down in unnecessary detail. You are able to juggle various priorities and workplace demands. You utilize the resources provided to you, while seeking out additional resources to complete tasks when needed. You are willing to share new ideas and solutions while welcoming input from others to develop and implement creative ideas.
The Team:Our Content team gathers and synthesizes information from across the company and throughout the healthcare industry to create powerful narratives that raise awareness of and pique interest in athenahealth - and ultimately inspire the audience to join us in tackling healthcare's greatest problems.
- Write and edit a wide range of prospect-facing content, including datasheets, case studies, articles, presentation scripts, and other sales and marketing assets to be used in print or online
- Collaborate with stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather, understand, and shape information into content that accurately portrays the value athenahealth's services bring to customers
- Curate content on internal content management systems to ensure sales and marketing teams have access to the latest product collateral
- Collaborate with designers to determine the best arrangement of copy and visuals to entice users to take action
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, communications, marketing, or liberal arts subjects
- 2+ years of experience in copywriting or content marketing roles, at an agency or in-house
- Strong communication skills, including ability to diplomatically manage internal stakeholder feedback and expectations and to interview customers in senior positions
- Deadline-driven with proven experience juggling multiple time-sensitive projects with overlapping schedules and shifting priorities
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location:This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home toseveralrestaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee cafe and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: : At athenahealth, our employees (or "athenistas") are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks:Along with health & financial benefits, ourathenistasare offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!),collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
athenahealth is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity-that's why we recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. We're happy to provide a reasonable accommodation, for those with a disability, to complete any part of the application process. If you are unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.