- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Facilities Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
Requirements: Ability to work evening and weekend hours per events scheduled
The Athenaeum Center for Thought & Culture is a not-for-profit organization whose mission and principal activities are to promote and support fine arts, cultural programming, and spiritual development for Catholics and the general public in Chicago, Illinois. Our mission is to invite people into encounters with beauty and to revitalize the great Catholic tradition of the arts from our location in one of Chicago’s most unique religious, artistic, and civic buildings.
Our performing art center was built in 1911 as part of St. Alphonsus in the Lakeview neighborhood of Chicago, as a place for the spiritual, physical, and intellectual growth of parishioners and the community. The Center has multiple performance and event spaces, including our 985-seat proscenium, Historic Main Stage Theatre.
At ACTC, we believe that beauty has the capacity to build up culture, transform society, and change lives. We hope to help our patrons contemplate, encounter, and delight in beauty.
The Facility Manager is responsible for managing all facility and building operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Maintenance and Building Management
- Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
- Operates and maintains custodial functions.
- Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
- Manages all day to day building deliveries and pickups.
- Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
- Troubleshoots building maintenance and coordinates as needed with landlord.
- Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
- Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
- Maintains and organizes preventative maintenance schedule
- Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
- Assist in coordinating parking and scheduling with campus-wide events
- Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
- Conduct drills for staff under the emergency response plan
- Manages custodial staff and facility supplies
- Maintains and enforces security of the building
Event Setup Management
- Manages the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events
- Coordinates preparations of building with Events Manager and House Manager
- Oversee building maintenance and upkeep in collaboration with all event functions
- Oversee and execute all event equipment setups.
- Oversees and supervises the quality of work for event setup and breakdowns, as well as custodial staff, to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Review emergency planning procedures with all event staff for each event
- Maintain equipment (radios, metal detection wands, etc.) for all event and security staff
- Process and receive orders for concessions and bar inventory
- Coordinate with Event Manager and Bar Manager to maintain efficient inventory and supplies
- Manages facility maintenance inventory and supplies
- Monthly oversight of facilities budgets and spending.
- Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
- Handles general accounting tasks, such as accounts payable, payroll, petty cash, and budgeting.
- Schedules and manages all preventive maintenances for the building
- Manages and reviews service contracts.
Facilities Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Closing skills
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service orientation
- Communication skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- IT skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Most employers prefer a BA in facility management, business, information management, or engineering
- 5 -10 years in related positions
- This position reports to the Executive Director
- This position’s direct reports are:
- The position often interacts and collaborates with the Events Manager, House Manager, Audience Services Manager, and Venue Tech Supervisor
- Pay Rate/Range: $38,000-50,000 per experience
- Holiday and paid time off
- Full benefits package including medical, dental vision, life insurance, disability, accident, flexible spending and transit
- 401(k) plan with 5% company match
Powered by JazzHR
Athenaeum Center for Thought & Culture
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?