Cyber Software/ Architect / Security
- Posted: over a month ago
Duties/Minimum Required Qualifications:
Serves as a Cybersecurity IT Specialist with the primary responsibility for organizing, coordinating, scheduling changes, and identifying new requirements necessary to meet day-to-day, and future, cybersecurity mission objectives.
- Provides technical consultative/advisory services to the PM/Product Manager (PdM) to review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Participates in systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Provides cybersecurity systems engineering expertise on applications development projects to ensure the appropriate configuration of the operating environment.
- Supports the development of program cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility in accordance with Army/DISA requirements to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data; for short and long term mission and goals of the PM.
- Expert knowledge of, and skill in applying NIST RMF to conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems and identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs.
Required Skills* ARCHITECTURE:
o Participates in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
o Provides Subject Matter expertise in cybersecurity architecture technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Active directory, and networking in general.
o Analyze technical information to determine the best application of cyber tactics, techniques, and procedures; AND recommend changes for software development programs
o Prepares and reviews software assurance requirements for inclusion in project technical specifications, statements of work, and contract provisions.
o Evaluating maturity and performing risk assessments of software engineering processes in accordance with the program/project milestone entrance and exit criteria.
Required ExperienceCertification(s) Required:
The position requires DoDI 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II certification upon hire.
This position required Level III certification in Acquisition Career Field "Information Technology" or the incumbent must be able to obtain certification within 6 months of appointment.
Athena Technology Group, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Athena Technology Group, Inc.