SUMMARY: ATHENA Consulting is an award-winning temporary staffing, direct hire and executive search firm. We are currently recruiting for a part-time (20 hours per week) Bilingual Human Services Specialist III to work at various DHHS facilities in Montgomery County’s Children, Youth and Families Department. This part-time, grant-funded position pays $19.62 per hour and requires a pre-employment criminal background check. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Ability to work in a high stress environment.
· Need to have excellent customer service skills and mid-level computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel).
· Bilingual in English/Spanish (oral and written proficiency required).
· Provide assistance at a Social Services center that receives an average of 30-40 walk-in customers from a diverse community per day.
· Responsible for providing support to TESS staff by initiating the triage process which supports delivery of services by staff, partners and volunteers.
· Perform administrative duties, as well as, support staff by answering incoming calls.
· /Responsible for computer-based data collection, scheduling customers and updating/maintaining information and referral system.
· Provide interpretations for staff and volunteers.
· Assist with maintain the facility to provide a safe environment.
· Must adhere to County customer service, IT, security, safety, privacy and other standards tests.
· Duties will include the following: greet walk-ins, triage/screen clients to determine their needs, read and write letters, fill out basic forms and applications, make phone calls on client’s behalf, provide information and referral about services offered in Metro area and provide interpretation for clients with limited English proficiency.
· Ability to work in different offices throughout the County (Gaithersburg, Rockville, Wheaton, Silver Spring, etc.)