ATCO Rubber Products Inc. is the world's largest manufacturer of flexible air duct for the heating and cooling industry.
We currently have an open position for a "hands-on" Mechanical Design Engineer at our Corporate Office in Fort Worth, TX.
- Must be able to utilize CAD and do manual drafting as needed. Must be proficient in math and computers, and have strong mechanical aptitude with skills operating presses, lathes, grinders, mills, etc.
- Design mechanical and electrical control systems for manufacturing equipment
- Prepare and update drawings for machine components/equipment
- Develop preliminary specifications and cost estimates for equipment
- Assist with design of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Assist with machinery fabrication
- Program PLC’s and control systems
- Provide support for other company departments and plants related to maintenance of equipment as needed and directed.
- This is not a desk job. Qualified Candidates will be involved in all levels of design, application, plant installation and communication.
- Mechanical Engineering degree (Bachelors)
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, concepts, practices, and theories.
- Knowledge in pneumatic and electrical diagrams
- CAD modeling (Solid Edge is a plus)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Programming experience (PLC’s are a plus)
- Parts maintenance scheduling
- Machine troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- Experience in Geometric Dimension and Tolerance (GD & T)
- Experience in machining processes
- Knowledge of different materials
- Mechanical aptitude
- Manual machining experience
- CNC programming
- Fluid flow
- Sensor integration
- Knowledge of precision motion, especially linear
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing)