Entry Level Emergency Medical Vehicle Operator
- $27,000 to $40,000 Yearly
We are seeking motivated and compassionate individuals to join our team as Entry Level Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Providers. As an Entry Level EMS Provider, you will play a pivotal role in delivering essential pre-hospital medical care to patients in need. This position offers a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience and begin a rewarding career in emergency medical services.
- Respond to emergency calls and provide immediate medical assistance at the scene and during patient transportation.
- Assess patients' medical conditions and prioritize care based on the severity of injuries or illnesses.
- Administer basic life support (BLS) procedures, including CPR, wound management, and airway management.
- Safely and effectively operate emergency vehicles following traffic laws and safety protocols.
- Communicate with dispatchers, medical professionals, and other emergency responders to coordinate patient care.
- Document patient interactions, medical interventions, and other relevant information accurately and comprehensively.
- Assist in extricating patients from vehicles or hazardous situations as needed.
- Administer oxygen, monitor vital signs, and provide comfort to patients during transport.
- Maintain and clean equipment, ensuring it is ready for use at all times.
- Attend regular training sessions and continuing education programs to enhance skills and stay updated on protocols.
- Adhere to legal and ethical standards while providing compassionate and professional patient care.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an accredited Entry Level EMS training program and certification.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to remain composed under pressure.
- Physical ability to lift and move patients and equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record (if driving is required).
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Dedication to providing high-quality patient care and maintaining patient confidentiality.
Also Hiring for Charleston, WV - Please make note of which location you are applying for. - Management
Job seekers trust AtWork to help them find the work they are best qualified for in growing industries with long-term potential. AtWork candidates find more than just a job; they find an advocate whose mission is to help them along their path to a successful career.
For over 30 years AtWork has solved workforce challenges for our nation’s most vital industries by connecting growing businesses with thoroughly vetted candidates of all experience levels. AtWork’s expert recruiters keep business moving by sourcing, screening and placing employees based on demand, taking the stress off overtaxed hiring and human resources departments. Job seekers trust AtWork to help them find the work they are best qualified for in growing industries with long-term potential. AtWork candidates find more than just a job; they find an advocate whose mission is to help them along their path to a successful career.
219 North Kanawha StreetBeckley, WV
Get fresh Entry Level Emergency Medical Vehicle Operator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.