Store Directors are responsible for all operational and team member aspects of the retail store. Leads the success of a large box retail store with high product volumes and annual sales within the range of $4mm to $10mm. Store Directors manage their stores and team members in a manner that supports the company's goals to meet and exceed financial and sales goals for the store. This leadership role is passionate about driving the business along with the people and processes to effectively support a fast-growing business.
*Key Roles & Responsibilities:*
* Manages the profitable operation of the store with an emphasis on developing and maintaining a high performing team through continuous improvement of talent by recruiting, selecting, managing staffing levels, follow-up action plans, training, and ongoing coaching, performance support and development. Identifies and develops team members for future advancement within the At Home family.
* Ensures operational readiness at all times maintaining a neat, clean and safe store through team work, store planning, delegation, follow-up, managing initiatives, and staff management and development.
* Provides leadership and develops and maintains a highly efficient profit center, appropriately balanced between business objectives and effective human relations. Ensures the continued fiscal success of At Home, as well as the satisfaction of its customers and team members.
* Validates merchandising, freight, safety and customer standards to showcase the store appropriately, protect Company assets and to create an optimal shopping and team member experience.
* Builds and manages a lean labor model through scheduling and payroll management while maintaining high volume product flow and excellent customer service.
* Creates a store environment to support a positive, safe shopping and working experience for customers and Team Members while minimizing damages and shrink along with handling and resolving customer and team member issues.
* Serves as a role model and as a coach for the entire store through living the vision and values.
* Analyzes store financial and business data through the store scorecard, including sales and expenses, and develops and executes budgets, financial and operational plans and strategies to maximize sales and profits.
* Ensures compliance with Company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
* And any additional assign responsibilities
*Qualifications & Competencies:*
* High School Diploma or equivalent required; four-year degree preferred
* At least 3-5 years Management/Leadership experience or equivalent At Home experience
* At least 3-5 years' direct responsibility of leading 10 or more people or equivalent At Home experience
* At least 3-5 years' experience direct/indirect leadership for annual revenue, operating budget, or profit & loss dollars of at least $5 million in a retail big box or high volume store or equivalent At Home experience
* Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
* Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., team lift 100 lbs.
* Reliable and trustworthy role model for ethical and honest behavior. Does the right thing for the team member, the customer and the company in all situations.
* Contributes to a customer-focused environment while demonstrating excellent service
* Communicates clearly and concisely with customers, team and leadership; keeps others informed and takes appropriate partnerships where necessary and possesses excellent verbal, written and comprehension communication skills.
* Creates a sense of urgency; promotes team work, delegates appropriately; motivates self and team to accomplish objectives. Timely and thorough execution.
* Ability to comprehend, train, develops, motivate and lead in a manner of fostering a work environment that is smart & scrappy, safe and fun.
* Flexible and creative with an ability to handle multiple tasks where priorities shift with the demands of the business.
**Job:** **Field Operations*
**Organization:** **Field Operations*
**Title:** *STORE DIRECTOR - HV*
**Requisition ID:** *19001600*