Come work for a Home Health company that really does "feel like family"! At Home Healthcare has been in business for over 30 years and although we have grown throughout Texas, we are still individually owned with a small town feel. Home care is personal for us and we want caring, qualified applicants to join our growing family.
At Home Healthcare is passionate about helping children and their families receive necessary care in the comfort of home. Our pediatric care helps maintain stability in a child's life and allows them to receive the individualized care they need.
We are looking for exceptional Speech Language Pathologist to perform supervision of Assistants and therapy visits for our pediatric patients.
- Provides assistance to the physician in evaluation of client level of function; determine type of speech or language disorder, and recommend appropriate corrective therapy for client. Participates in development and modification of plan of care.
- Accurately provides speech and language disorder services which can be safely administered in the client home as prescribed by the physician.
- Provides complete evaluation of the client's home environment; makes appropriate recommendations for improving the home environment to the client and physician.
- Maintains current knowledge of client's condition through observation; documents any changes in client condition to the client file. Immediately reports any changes in client condition or response to therapy to the physician and nursing supervisor.
- Recommends changes to the plan of care as appropriate; implements changes in the plan of care upon receipt of authorized by the client's physician.
- Provides instruction and training to other health care personnel, the client, and family members in appropriate methods to assist the client to improve and correct speech disabilities.
- Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team; counsel and confers with members of the team to evaluate the client's progress and response to treatments.
- Serves as a source of information and training for the family members and other agency personnel.
- Documents all services performed for clients daily; maintains accurate, thorough progress notes for file. Accurately documents all services preformed for clients daily and maintains progress notes for file.
- Participates in case conferences, staff meetings, and in-service education and training.
- Participates in and leads educational training and programs for the client and/or caregiver.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation.
- Must have current valid Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Must have and maintain a current valid license as a Speech Language Pathologist in the State of Texas.
- Must maintain curren cerficate of basic life support (CPR).
- Must provide proof of TB screening within the past 12 months.
- Computer software skills necessary to produce accurate documents and materials required. Working knowledge of MS Office preferred.
- Requires ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds continuously to move objects.
At Home Healthcare