Technical Support Specialist – Application Support
We are searching for someone to join our support team that will provide technical assistance to end user customers and channel partner technicians for the implementation, operation and troubleshooting of application and hosted service product offerings.
About us - We develop solutions that interface with telephone systems and provide companies with an easy way to report on phone activity. We include remote installation support, user & administrator training and ongoing technical support with all Windows and Web solutions we sell. Our products live in a complex environment but aim to remove that complexity from a user perspective. Our support team deals with addressing workstation, network and application challenges so that our systems perform optimally and the users get the benefit of simple and automated reports.
About you - You possess a practical knowledge of the modern IT environment, including demonstrated competence with workstation, server, networking environments, desktop and business applications as well as other related technologies. You possess:
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Windows including workstation and server operating systems
- A strong understanding of Windows Desktop Applications including installing, supporting and troubleshooting business applications
- A strong understanding of SMTP and email technology
- A strong understanding of Crystal Reports and/or other report and data presentation applications
- A strong understanding of Microsoft IIS and FTP/SFTP configuration.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with database structure and management required. Familiarity with Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere and Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
Having a background or the knowledge of the telecommunications industry, including PBX, VoIP, Contact Centers and other relevant technologies is preferable. In this role, you will:
- Respond to inbound requests for assistance in support of the Company’s response time and escalation objectives. The response is by phone as well as via remote access using web tools.
- Proactively provide training, updates and troubleshooting for existing customers to ensure ongoing satisfaction and proper system operation
- Analyze environmental variables, voice and data networks and other external items as they relate to the proper operation of our applications and solutions.
- Document action taken during support requests within a documentation system.
- Provide installation and training support to partners installing systems for evaluation and product demonstration.
- Generate content for knowledge base and self-help tools.
- Work with engineering to perform functional testing, debugging and quality assurance assistance resulting targeted towards product relieve efforts.
The benefits that our reporting solutions offer include:
- Improving employee productivity
- Increasing voice network security
- Controlling telecommunication costs
Our marketplace is one of constant change and adaptation as telephone systems change but the one constant is that businesses can't manage what they can't measure. We give businesses the ability to do just that with simple and affordable reporting options.
At Comm CorporationOur software products and cloud solutions are used by IT departments of businesses of all sizes and verticals as they implement and manage IP phone systems from Avaya, Cisco, Mitel, NEC and others. The benefits that our reporting solutions offer include: - Improving employee productivity - Increasing voice network security - Controlling telecommunication costs Our marketplace is one of constant change and adaptation as telephone systems change but the one constant is that businesses can't manage what they can't measure. We give businesses the ability to do just that with simple and affordable reporting options.