Senior Technical Writer (ON SITE) (BHJOB1435_29932)
North Chesterfield, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Technical Writer (ON SITE)
Senior Technical Writer (ON SITE)
- Client is looking for a Senior Technical Writer with 8+ years of experience to assist with the implementation of a new Computer-Aided Dispatch and Case Management System.
- The successful candidate will produce high-quality business, policy, technical documentation, and training materials. This will include assisting in producing system documentation, system/user manuals, system release documents, user interface content, and online help content for the virtual learning system related to state government policies and procedures.
- Writes and edits technical documents including reference manuals and product manuals.
- Writes and edits procedural documentation such as user guides and manuals.
- Determines the type of publication that will best serve the project requirements.
- Meets with engineers, programmers, project managers, and subject matter experts to learn about specific products or processes.
- Researches industry standards and products to better understand system.
- Assesses the audience needs for whom the technical and procedural documentation is intended; adjusts tone and technical terms used to meet those needs and to ensure understanding.
- Plans writing processes and sets timelines and deadlines.
- Creates diagrams, charts, and other visual aids to assist readers in understanding a product or process.
- Gathers feedback from customers, designers, and manufacturers to improve technical documents.
- Work with Team to prepare, review, revise, and maintain current and future policy and standard operating procedures.
- Structures procedures in a logical sequence.
- Ensure messages and terminology is consistent across all written materials associated with implementation of new system.
- Identifies, creates, revises, and maintains documentation and templates needed by the agency, technical teams, and user groups.
- Provide professional technical writing and editing services on materials such as informational products, presentations, press releases, reports, etc., while complying with agency style guides and quality control measures.
- Coordinate stakeholder input, fact-checking, and integration of written text and graphic design.
- Prepare, design and publish documents and media that are distributed to a diverse government user base.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Required 8 Years
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills. Required 8 Years
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Required 8 Years
- Ability to present complex data in clear, concise text. Required 8 Years
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work independently. Required 8 Years
- Ability to edit and proofread work of colleagues. Required 8 Years
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Required 8 Years
- 8+ years of experience in technical writing. Required 8 Years
- Experience writing documents and publications for government organizations. Required 8 Years
- Display a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently under minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment. Required 8 Years
- Must submit to and pass background check. Required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field. Required
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
7700 Midlothian TurnpikeNorth Chesterfield, VA
EducationView all jobs at Astyra Corporation
Get fresh Senior Technical Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.