Senior Property Accounting Analyst (BHJOB1435_28799)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Property Accounting Analyst
The Senior Property Accounting Analyst will lead the property accounting function, including maintaining accurate and timely fixed asset accounting records for client rate-regulated entities. Assists in establishing property accounting systems and processes to enable the transition of property accounting activities from previous company management to client.
- Maintenance of property records in Power Plan, unitization of fixed assets, calculation of depreciation, AFUDC, and costs of removal.
- Creation of capital work orders and compliance with capitalization policies.
- Monitor capital work orders to ensure timely closure
- Perform month-end close for property accounts, including: journal entries, account reconciliations, project loadings and allocations, etc.
- Process retirements of regulated plant assets
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual FERC forms.
- Maintain and support property accounting systems, including subledger balancing and reconciliation routines and system access rights.
- Perform monthly property account reconciliations.
- Develop and maintain strong internal controls.
- Respond to requests for information related to regulated plant accounting records.
- Provide training and leadership to accounting staff.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting functions, preferably with a rate-regulated entity
- Experience in regulated property accounting - strongly preferred
- Experience with Power Plan fixed asset system - strongly preferred -
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FERC accounting standards and practices
- Sound understanding of internal controls
- Aptitude for learning and developing new processes
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making in planning, organizing, and conducting work assignments
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with big-4 accounting firm - preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- Masters degree preferred
- CPA certification Preferred
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
1245 Brickyard RoadSalt Lake City, UT
Finance and Insurance