Red Hat Linux Engineer (BHJOB1435_27059)
Astyra Corporation Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Engineer
Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Engineer in support of Red Hat servers and infrastructure
- Works with IT engineering team to implement and provide support to agencies IT system infrastructure.
- Performs day-to-day activities related to the support, research, analysis, and implementation of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- Considerable knowledge, experience, and understanding of working with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (Red Hat) in a VMware environment is require. This includes:
- Experience with troubleshooting UNIX problems.
- Experience with physical and logical concepts of UNIX file structure.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with performance monitoring, system testing, OS upgrade, and software patch Installation and testing in a Red Hat environment.
- Experience with standard networking protocols.
- Experience with medium to large-scale UNIX environments.
- Experience with providing technical support.
- Experience with UNIX (ex: Perl, Bash, etc) scripting.
- Excellent communicative & collaborative skills
- Experience developing desk procedures and other required documentation.
- In-depth experience with Red Hat operating systems Required 5 Years
- Thorough understanding of configurations and experience in implementation of the Red Hat Required 5 Years
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with performance monitoring, system testing, OS Upgrades, and software patch Installation and testing in Red Hat Required 5 Years
- Experience with VMware Required 5 Years
- Experience and ability work with and write Shell (ex: Perl, Bash, etc.) scripts Required 5 Years
- Experience with troubleshooting UNIX / Red Hat problems is required Required 5 Years
- Experience with physical and logical concepts of UNIX file structures Required 5 Years
- Experience working in and troubleshooting medium to large-scale enterprise server environments Required 5 Years
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with management, users, information technology personnel, and vendors, both orally, and in writing. Require 5 Years
- Experience working with users including requirements definition, conducting testing and training. Required 5 Years
- Experience with standard networking protocols Required 5 Years
- Experience creating desk procedures and other documentation Required 3 Years
- Exposure to Java and or WebSphere Services Desired 2 Years
- Experience with Red Hat Ansible Desired 2 Years
- KEY SKILLS
Astyra CorporationWhy Work Here?
Innovative, growing industry with smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure!
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.