Duration: 3 month contract
- Candidates will need to be available from 10:00 AM -7:30 PM Monday - Friday. Possible weekend Overtime. The schedule will be determined based upon business need.
Call center environment - roughly 50 calls or less a day.
Pharmacy Intake Coordinator
Our client is seeking an individual who will view and prioritize all incoming faxed prescription orders and authorizations and triage orders for new patients and refill orders for existing patients. They will create a new patient profile in the operating system, add all patient demographics, physician, and insurance information, and attach the faxed documents to the profile. They will contact the physician or patient for any missing information. Documents for existing patients will be attached to the existing patient's profile and this position then creates a preliminary new drug order and route it to the queue in the an operating system where the pharmacy data entry technicians view and complete the details of the order.
- Responsible for soliciting new business with members of our non-exclusive insurance contracts. The coordinator will respond to referrals by making calls to try to capture business from members that already exist as a patient with another pharmacy.
- Create initial drug order in the system to start the process flow to be continued by data entry technicians.
- Enter all required demographic, physician, insurance, authorization, and other information into a profile for all new patients. Review all incoming faxed prescription orders and attach to a new or existing patient profile.
- Contact the patient or physician to fill in any missing information.
- Assign any non-prescription faxes to appropriate user and notify the user of the fax.
- HS Degree/GED
- Minimum of 1 year Specialty Pharmacy experience REQUIRED
- Certified Pharmacy Technician in FL - Preferred
- Must have a professional presence and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Requires intermediate knowledge of Excel, CPR+, and specialty pharmacy functions.
- Strong analytical and basic accounting skills.