Network Engineer I (BHJOB1435_27723)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position will provide network and technical support through execution of incident, request management, problem, policies/procedures. Other duties include diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of incidents/requests; report status and system outage notifications to customers, technical staff, and applicable management entities; maintain a robust, accurate knowledge base and inventory repositories. Develop, design, maintain, enhance, and implement networks, systems, and equipment. Analyze existing networks and equipment and provides opportunities for improvement. Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work with vendors, end users, project teams to implement and troubleshoot solutions, some complex, with direction from the Cluster Leader.
- Work with vendors involving business specific applications to manage and implement network configurations within the company/site environment.
- Evaluates new technologies and work with IT architects and service providers to create standards, solutions in the infrastructure space.
- Manage and support LAN, WAN and OMN Networks
- Configure and manage firewalls
- Install, configure, and manage Wireless Access points and related LAN equipment
- Implement approved Network changes in accordance with applicable procedures
- Analyze and diagnose network problems for a variety of users
- Recommend corrective solutions to be applied to network hardware or software
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks
- Assist other groups in troubleshooting problems that require packet analysis or performance review
- Create, publish, and maintain up to date and accurate Network documentation
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- 24x7 on-call support
- Associate's or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems or related area OR Certified network professional accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a Network Technician
- In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Firewalls, Routers, Switches and troubleshooting these devices
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively
- Familiar with ServiceNow
Astyra CorporationWhy Work Here?
Innovative, growing industry with smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure!
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
5200 Dupont Site RdRichmond, VA