Mainframe Computer/Printer Operator (BHJOB1435_26760)
Astyra Corporation Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mainframe Computer/Print Operator
Our client is looking for contractors to operate and monitor mainframe computer system consoles and peripheral devices in order to complete assigned shift work. This position requires a flexible work schedule, and reporting to work during adverse weather conditions in order to meet critical functions for the Agency. They are currently running two shifts and depending on the work load we may add a third shift
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2+ years of demonstrated work experience working with mainframe operations
- 1 + years processing batch production jobs
- 2+ years working with high speed laser printers and other peripheral devices
- 2+ performing standard diagnostic and maintenance procedures on computer center hardware
- Control console of mainframe digital computer or set of minicomputers.
- Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions
- Run computer tasks.
- Maintain logbooks or records for job runs.
- Monitor systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- demonstrated work experience working with mainframe operations Required 2 Years
- processing batch production jobs Required 1 Years
- working with high speed laser printer and other peripheral devices Required 2 Years
- performing standard diagnostic and maintenance procedures on computer center hardware Required 2 Years
- Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions Required 1 Years
- Run computer tasks Required 1 Years
- Maintain logbooks or records of job runs. Required 1 Years
- Monitor systems Required 1 Years
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Required 1 Years
- Control console of mainframe digital computer or set of minicomputers Required
- Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users. Required
Astyra CorporationWhy Work Here?
Innovative, growing industry with smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure!
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.