***Position is located in Maryland Heights, MO***
4 month contract
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 hour day (One late day a week, 10:30 AM - 7 PM)
- Educates member during outreach process about the inTransition Program.
- Enrolls Active Duty Service Member/Veteran into the program and conducts initial assessment with members utilizing motivational interviewing techniques to assist and guide member through assessment process.
- Identifies immediate needs and provides necessary resources during initial assessment.
- Assigns member to inTransition Coach.
- Participates in quality improvement projects to support coaching program.
- Manages a caseload of members as assigned.
- Will be expected to coach and mentor less experienced consultants.
Conducts initial interview with Active Duty Service Member/Veteran through use of motivational interviewing to identify targeted area of focus and develop action plan to improve overall functioning of impairments related to targeted area.
- Provides outreach to identified members through various resources, inbound and outbound engagement of member explaining program overview, benefits and enrollment into the coaching program.
- Establishes immediate needs and assists with referrals and resources as needed until ongoing coaching begins.
- Schedules initial coaching session with identified clinical coach.
- Establishes rapport, educates on program and completes enrollment process.
- Documents activities in clinical system for accuracy of record keeping and reporting for customer needs.
- Works with member to develop initial plan of action to include specific areas of change, using UBPAP identified goals and motivational interviewing to engage member during the initial needs assessment process and enrollment process.
- Provides relevant community resources to support goal plan or resource materials to assist in meeting objectives.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, VA and Tricare resources and services and client policies and procedures, and criteria.
- 3 yrs experience post degree in psychiatric and/ or substance abuse health care setting, including utilization review. Field(s) of study: RN, Masters, or Doctoral Degree in behavioral health related field
- RN or LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Care Management Masters (Required)
- Good organizational skills, time management and communication skills.
- Knowledge of utilization management procedures, mental health and substance abuse community resources and providers.
- Knowledge and experience in inpatient setting.
- Ability to function independently and as a team member.
- Knowledge of DSM IV or most current diagnostic edition.
- Ability to analyze specific utilization problems, plan and implement solutions that directly influence quality of care.
- Meets credentialing requirements for independent professional practice IF performing TRF reviews (Masters level licensed behavioral health professional).
- CEAP certification as required by management.
- Flexible on the work hours. They can start as early as 8, as late as 9:30 am. -Will need to work one late day a week, 10:30-7pm. It can be any day that works best for them