- The position will report to the DCSS IT manager and follow the direction of the Applications Technical Lead.
- The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in architecture Java/Spring Full Stack enterprise solutions, be self-directing, and capable of incorporating new technologies into the application platform.
- Candidates with experience implementing workflow solutions such as Flowable utilizing BPMN are highly desired.
- This position will be co-located with the client, working from their location and providing technical direction on the project you will be working on.
- You will perform complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software, ranging from system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment.
- Your activities will include designing, coding, and testing of systems using test driven development techniques.
- The Architect will be able to solve technical problems using industry best practices and coordinate with other developers and team members to ensure top quality work is produced on time.
- Analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software
- Perform in accordance with established project standards and processes
- Break down software requirements into development tasks, take the tasks to completion
- Identify risks and challenges for the tasks, find solutions and feed them up the chain for appropriate visibility and help
- Understand client needs and routinely interact with internal and external customers
- Develop software solutions utilizing SDLC, Agile and PMP methodologies to incrementally deploy functionality
- Participate in functional requirement meetings, stakeholder reviews, and coordination discussions for deploying integrated solutions
- Expert in Java 7+
- Expert in Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- Expert in REST, JSON and microservices
- Proficient in workflow frameworks specifically Flowable
- Proficient in SQL programming
- Proficient in a Java IDE, preferably IntelliJ
- Test-driven development experience required
- Experience with JPA, SQL, XML, app servers, Maven, JUnit, Git, SQL Server Management Studio.
- Preferred candidate would have working knowledge of JMS and Selenium
- Git and Git repositories such as BitBucket
- Agile methodologies, Continuous integration, SDLC
- Proficient in UML & design patterns
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related engineering field, masters preferred, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to pass a background check.
- The ability to be properly assessed during the interview and selection process.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Excellent technical lead while also being an individual contributor
- Experience with complex microservice-based applications Swagger
- Experience with decomposing technical tasks and defining level of effort
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Behavior Driven Development with Cucumber and Serenity
- Scrum and Kanban with Jira and other Atlassian tools
- BPMN and workflow engines
- Enterprise integration patterns/ ETL