IT Security Specialist - Sr (BHJOB1435_25896) SK
Astyra Corporation Raleigh, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is requiring services of an IT Security Specialist to aid county offices in the identification of gaps through risk management, and assist in the development of mitigation strategies, and to establish the target security/infrastructure architecture.
Duties include, are not limited to:
- Experience with Splunk, network security, server and system security, and application security supporting event management tools, including SIEMs.
- Experience in configuring the data ingestion to Splunk cloud from various data sources such as Linux Logs, Application Logs and Cloud Native Service Logs.
- Detailed understanding and strong skill set in operating and working with the Splunk toolset
- Proven experience with rule and advanced logic creation in Splunk, including knowledge of thorough understanding and operational experience with Splunk Search Language
- Development of automated searches and applications using Python, Shell scripting, HTML, CSS, and regular expressions
- Experience in developing Splunk Dashboards and configuring alerts for notable events.
- Thorough understanding of Splunks Common Information Model (CIM)
- Experience in configuring and customizing the Splunk Enterprise Security for SIEM capabilities.
- Expert level skills in assessing the current Splunk Cloud Infrastructure and ensure that it was configured using Splunk Best Practices.
- Experience in implementing Advanced Threat Analytics using Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience with a scripting language (Bash, Python)
- Expertise with Linux and Command-line interface
- Experience deploying apps within Splunk or administrating the Splunk platform
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
- Splunk certifications
- Risk Management - must be able to Identify gaps through risk management, and assist in the development of mitigation strategies. Required 7 Years
- Experience updating privacy and security policies based on gaps found through an assessment process. Required 7 Years
- Discover, evaluate, assess, systems, networks, and components through the use of vulnerability scanning and risk assessment method. Required 7 Years
- Experience documenting vulnerability assessment results in a accurate, clear, actionable, and available way to appropriate personnel Required 7 Years
- Must be able to review & assess projects and systems throughout all phases of their life cycle in an effort to identify Privacy org needs Required 7 Years
- Must be able to serve as a knowledge base for organizations as it relates to compliance requirements and mitigation strategies. Required 7 Years
- Experience Performing risk assessments based on NIST 800-53 Rev 4. ISO-27001, HIPAA, and IRS Pub 1075. Required 7 Years
- Experience with network mapping and vulnerability scanning tools such as NESSUS and NMAP. Required 7 Years
Astyra CorporationWhy Work Here?
Innovative, growing industry with smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure!
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.