Datawarehouse Data Engineer (BHJOB1435_28572)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Strong understanding of Data warehousing (Dimensional Modeling, ETL, etc.) and RDBMS concepts
- Minimum 5 years of working experience with ETL tools such as Talend, Informatica, Data Stage etc
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in SQL, Stored Procedures, and Table Design
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in SQL Query optimization and ETL Data loading Performance
- Minimum 2 years working experience as Data Engineer in Hadoop Platforms on components like HIVE, KAFKA, NiFi, Spark, etc.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in shell scripting
- Experience in Snowflake cloud technologies is preferred
- Experience in real-time streaming technologies is preferred
- Experience deploying machine learning models and automating processes in production is a plus
- Experience with cloud technologies(AWS, Azure, GCP) is a big plus
As a core member of a team of Data Engineers/ETL Developers, responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Design, Develop and maintain secure, consistent, and reliable ETL solutions supporting critical business processes across the various Business Units.
- Ensure data solutions are compliant with enterprise security standards
- Work in complex multi-platform environments on multiple project assignments.
- Develop and perform tests and validate data flows and prepare ETL processes to meet complex business requirements, including designing and implementing complex end-to-end solutions using BI platforms.
- Coordinate with analysts and developers to ensure jobs designed and developed meet minimum support standards and best practices before migration into the production environment.
- Partner with various infrastructure teams, application teams, and architects to generate process designs and complex transformations to various data elements to provide the Business with insights into their business processes.
- Uses strategies such as Indexing and partitioning to fine-tune the data warehouse and big data environments to improve the query response time and scalability.
- Define and capture metadata and rules associated with ETL processes.
- Assist production support team in providing resolutions to production job failures, data issues, and performance tuning
ETL Development and Process Support may require weekend/off business hours work.
Length of contract: 1 year
COVID Remote Policy - Alternate weeks in Richmond VA office; another week remote. (5 days in office, 5 days remote, repeating). Local candidates strongly preferred.
Astyra Corporation is a staffing and consulting company that is locally owned and operated right here in the heart of RVA. Astyra offers a unique approach to solving the business challenges of its clients. After being in business for over 20 years, we have evolved and grown - smart ideas, ingenuity and never settling for failure are our hallmark traits. We are locals with a national presence and need a like-minded; client-focused professional who wants to make a difference every day.
707 E Main StreetRichmond, VA