Care Manager BH
Our client is seeking an individual to work under general supervision, and in collaboration with other members of the clinical team, authorizes and reviews utilization of mental health and substance abuse services provided in inpatient and/or outpatient care settings.
- Collects and analyzes utilization data.
- Assists with discharge planning and care coordination.
- Provides member assistance with mental health and substance abuse issues, and participates in special quality improvement projects.
- Monitors inpatient and/or outpatient level of care services related to mental health and substance abuse treatment to ensure medical necessity and effectiveness.
- Provides telephone triage, crisis intervention, and emergency authorizations as assigned.
- Performs concurrent reviews for inpatient and/or outpatient care and other levels of care as allowed by scope of practice and experience. In conjunction with providers and facilities, develops discharge plans and oversee their implementation.
- Performs quality clinical reviews while educating and making appropriate interventions to advance the care of the member in treatment.
- Provides information to members and providers regarding mental health and substance abuse benefits, community treatment resources, mental health managed care programs, and company policies and procedures, and criteria. Interacts with Physician Advisors to discuss clinical and authorization questions and concerns regarding specific cases.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, including data collection, tracking, and analysis.
- Maintains an active workload by National Care Manager performance standards.
- Works with community agencies as appropriate.
- Proposes alternative plans of treatment when requests for services do not meet medical necessity criteria.
- Participates in network development including identification and recruitment of quality providers as needed.
- Advocates for the patient to ensure treatment needs are met. Interacts with providers in a professional, respectful manner that facilitates the treatment process.
- Need to be a licensed professional counselor or a licensed clinical social worker.
- Must know how to work a computer, talk on the phone and type at the same time.
- Microsoft word, outlook, and excel experience required-Must have at least 3 years of experience.
- Masters Degree
Start Time: 08:00 AM
End Time: 05:00 PM