Starts ASAP - August 2020
Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM
Top Required Skills: At least 1 year of experience in the insurance industry, especially with property and casualty claim reporting or claim management experience.
A great opportunity exists for detail-oriented, innovative, confident, and experienced professional to work with a stellar team.
The ideal candidate will be team-oriented and have the ability to work collaboratively, ideally possess flexibility, be able to adapt to constantly changing demands and show themselves capable of taking on new and unfamiliar tasks. In addition, you will be competent at multi-tasking and balancing competing priorities.
An Insurance Administrative Assistant will perform an array of administrative and clerical functions essential to running the insurance risk management team efficiently. You will support the insurance risk management team with administrative responsibilities including claim reporting, requesting and tracking certificates of insurance from third parties, and providing support as needed to the insurance specialists on the Insurance Risk Management team.
- Reviewing incoming workers compensation, general liability and property incident reports and reporting them to our insurance carriers in a timely, thorough manner
- Contacting external partners by email and requesting certificates of insurance, and uploading them to an internal system
- Managing incoming paper mail, scanning, and uploading files to our team's risk management information system
- Responding timely and professionally to claim adjuster requests for information related to claims
- Arranging meetings, including depositions, by generating invitations with Google Calendar or in coordination with insurance company administrative contacts as directed. This may include reserving meeting rooms, organizing catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed.
- Assisting with maintaining internal document repository for insurance policies through data entry or uploading policy documents
- Providing additional administrative support to the insurance team as required
- Be familiar with all office landscapes such as scanners and copy machines.
- Maintain confidential records and files.
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certification, or Military Experience
- Proficient in Google (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms, Gmail)
- 2 years of experience in Administrative Responsibilities
- 1 year of experience in Multi-tasking
- 1 year of experience in the insurance industry, preferably in claims management
- Associates Degree
- Software expertise in Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms, Gmail
- 5 years of experience in Administrative Responsibilities
- 2 years of experience in Verbal and Written Communications
- 2 years of experience in Multi-tasking